Assistant Vice President – Application Development
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Preferred Location: San Francisco, CA
Other location(s): Los Angeles, CA or Seattle, WA or Salt Lake City, UT or Phoenix, AZ or Portland, OR
The Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) of San Francisco’s Information & Technology Services (ITS) Group is in search of a dynamic, enterprise-focused application development leader to run a large portfolio of technology platforms and products in support of our critical business across the FRB.
As Assistant Vice President (AVP) of the Application Services Group, you will support the Board of Governors, Statistics, National IT, several Reserve Banks, and local business lines within the 12th District in the areas of .NET, CRM, mobile, cloud-based development, and artificial intelligence efforts.
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting a technology vision and providing overall leadership for the development and implementation of integrated, cross functional business technology solutions. We are looking for someone who can orchestrate solving complex business problems and has experience defining a technology vision and strategy.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Lead, direct, and mentor a team of Engineers; principal of critical and holistic thinking across diverse product platforms and stakeholders.
- Develop, lead, and implement a strategic vision in the areas of next generation technologies with a focus on solving customer’s needs across the organization’s digital products for web and mobile.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and leaders within the organization to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Run all aspects of application development including continual forecasting, budgeting, and measuring overall effectiveness.
- Be the technology thought leader across the broader ITS organization. Foster a culture of critical thinking, accessibility, and continuous learning that is data driven.
- Collaborate closely with the product management team to influence roadmaps and strategic decisions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in information systems, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Typically has 12+ years of relevant technical experience
- 8+ years of experience as people manager in dynamic positions, with inspirational leadership skills, and proven track record to mentor, lead, and develop robust teams
- Advanced business acumen with the ability to successfully run a large organization including finances, strategy, and organizational savvy
- Proven ability to build and achieve strategic goals and to evolve technology strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated effective change champion and ability to work effectively with others to deliver complex, critical strategic IT initiatives in an Agile environment
- Executive level collaboration, influencing skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Cloud certification
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a great Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.