Lead DevOps Engineer
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco’s Information Technology Services (ITS) team has an opportunity for a Lead or Senior DevOps Engineer. The DevOps engineer will join SF Platform and DevOps Engineering department which is a part of Technical Solution Services (TSS) group in ITS.
This role requires a hands-on development and technical experience to support multiple business lines with the implementation of automated CICD pipeline and integrating security scans (SAST, DAST and OSS) for both on-prem and cloud projects. Also, the hired DevOps Engineer will use an extraordinary communication/influencing skills and technical knowledge to drive the DevOps architecture for our business.
- Act as an internal consultant, providing architecture, vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving on an enterprise level
- Remain continually aware of business, infrastructure, and technical issues to aid in the development of creative solutions
- Anticipate future direction in the DevOps industry and relate them to IT projects
- Design, lead and build an automated deployment tool set and infrastructure including environments, code management using a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- DevOps tools administration and maintenance, including access management, build frameworks, artifacts management, configuration management and automated deployment tools
- Evaluate, recommend, and select new software / hardware as required to support existing and new application development team needs
- Ensure conformance to technical standards for programming and design technique
- Ensure compliance of FRB Security assessment requirements and guidelines provided by Internal Audit and Information Security group
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of experience delivering technology solutions in a DevOps architectural capacity. “Hands On” experience with significant depth around crafting, implementing, and running critical multi-functional components and their integration
- 5 years of demonstrated ability leading and handling technical projects and support multiple projects.
- Good interpersonal skills, written and oral; strong and shown social skills to include collaborate in a professional manner,
- lead working groups, negotiate, influence, and build consensus
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate and work horizontally throughout a complex organization including exposure across IT including, infrastructure, networking, security, data management, and application development
- Demonstrable experience implementing, integrating, and maintaining the critical infrastructure for a DevOps environment
- Expertise working in a secure RHEL and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in coding and scripting using python, groovy, shell, and other scripting languages
- Extensive hands-on experience with Configuration/Build Management, Build/Release Management, Containerization and CI/CD pipelines, using tools such as NPM, Maven, Jenkins/CloudBees and GitLab/Bitbucket/Git and SVN
- Strong knowledge of installation, configuration, support, and maintenance of source control systems (SVN and Git) and artifacts
- Extensive knowledge of repository manager (Nexus or Artifactory) is a must / required for this role
- Experience in preparing and reviewing vulnerabilities reports using security tools such as Fortify, SonarQube and Nexus IQ
- Experience with RAD, Visual Studio or other popular IDEs
- Ability to work with APIs and Plugins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD pipelines
- Experience running containerized workloads in AWS ECS and/or EKS
- Experience building and maintaining AWS environments using Terraform
- Knowledge of Agile tools Jira, VersionOne
- Must be a U.S Citizen or a Green Card holder with intent to become a U.S Citizen
#LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
***Effective October 1, 2021, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
To apply for this job please visit rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.