Lead Integration Architect
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Nextgen Program has an immediate opening for an Integration/Networking Solutions Architect. The Federal Reserve System is transitioning to new next generation (NextGen) currency processing machines. To support this new platform, operational support capabilities are being reorganized to be singularly focused on one goal – to deliver a world-class currency processing platform in support of the Federal Reserve’s mission. Change of this magnitude does not happen quickly, so this transformation will occur over a multi-year time frame.
The Nextgen Integration and Networking Solutions Architect will be responsible for providing architectural vision and technology leadership for the integration of the Nextgen currency processing machines with the FRS network and interfacing systems. This includes not only new interfaces but also the review of existing interfaces and providing recommendations of alternate patterns that would improve security, scalability, efficiency, reliability, manageability, and extensibility.
This role would collaborate with internal support teams, technology brokers, executives, business representatives, and external providers to create a Network and Integration architecture across multiple, geographically dispersed sites connected by a nationally managed network infrastructure. This role will also collaborate with enterprise, security, network and information architects to ensure that end-to-end Nextgen integrations align to policies, procedures, and roadmaps. This role will require the candidate to understand high level integration patterns, as well as to understand, design, communicate, document and influence future enterprise network topology, especially regarding network enhancements to support expected future large Nextgen data volumes.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with business, architects, development teams, and other groups to architect, design and oversee integration and networking solutions, spanning the Cash Office currency processing room through the centrally managed network to the interfacing business application systems
- Identify integration and networking issues early and act proactively
- Collaborate with stakeholders and architects across the system to build consensus around integration and network architecture standards, solutions, and best practices
- Incorporate best practices in security design
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor the message as appropriate for different audiences
- Develop reference architecture and practical and consumable patterns involving system integration and network architecture
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards
- Review and analyze business and technical requirements to identify possible solutions
- Identify risks and mitigating steps
- Provides technical leadership for solution architecture development, specifically regarding integration impact to other areas of the architecture including business, data and information, application, and technical architecture
- Experience with integrating LAN, WAN , Firewalls, and cloud-based provider networks
- Experience with on premise to cloud integration patterns and strategies, using proven integration patterns such as APIs, MQ, ETL, Streaming, File Gateway, Storage Gateway etc.
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, writing, diagramming, architectural modeling)
- Expertise in network architecture and protocols
- Strong understanding of Security best practices
- Ability to understand and correlate on-prem and cloud network topologies and pipelines.
- Prior experience with either open-source or closed-source integration API platforms is nice to have.
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs
- Ability to understand and integrate various hardware and software components such as sensors, machines, surveillance systems
- Ability to drive clarity in ambiguity and make tradeoff decisions
- Strong problem solving, oral and written communication skills including experience with executive presentations
- Ability to collaborate and engage with multiple teams to identify and resolve network and integration issues
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills; ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring them to resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field is required
- 10+ years of expertise in Networks, Architecture, design and SDLC
- Technical certification or extensive experience in network integration solutions is preferred
- Demonstrate comfort and ability to tailor the message to different stakeholders with different needs
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies including Agile and Scaled Agile centric execution models
- Clear thinker and rational deliberator in leading solution and tactical planning efforts
- Strong organizational skills to lead competing and dynamic priorities, and multiple concurrent activities
- Cloud architect or related certifications preferable
- Must be a U.S Citizen or Green Card holder with intent to become U.S Citizen
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.