Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The FedCash Application Delivery Services (Cash ADS) group of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for a hands-on, AWS Cloud savvy IT professional to lead the migration and operations of the FedCash suite of applications to FRS managed AWS Gov Cloud.
In this role, you will act as the intermediary between Cash ADS (application development, application support, architecture) teams and the different technology solution providers internally within FRS and external vendors to ensure requirements and technical capabilities are captured, negotiated, tracked, and delivered on time to meet business outcomes. You will balance big picture thinking with practical attention to detail to enable transformation and operational excellence of the FedCash suite in the Cloud.
Individual will need to bring together strong program management skills, cloud experience & expertise, along with organizational, communication and inter-personal skills to inspire teams and rapidly establish trust amongst a diverse set of stakeholders and customers
The position will initially report to Vice President, Application Delivery Services and work in a matrixed fashion with Cash ADS functional domain leaders across application & integration, data & analytics, architecture and shared services.
- Lead the strategic planning for cloud solutions and help translate business and architecture vision to a technical roadmap with incremental deliverables of technical capabilities in alignment with Cash business roadmap
- Lead program-execution using scaled agile framework to help create alignment, identify dependencies, and obtain commitments to a plan from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a coordination point between Cash ADS and internal & external service providers for risks and issues around cloud
- Make or recommend right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- Contribute your cloud knowledge and experience, working closely with the architects and the App Dev teams, to drive delivery excellence and accelerated time-to-market
- Support planning and readiness for existing workforce to be cloud ready
- Responsible for managing the SLAs and OLAs for Cash ADS and dependent service providers
- Responsible for developing and maintaining operational KPIs, best practices, along with driving technical innovation and efficiency in operations monitoring and reporting through automation, orchestration, and other levers
- Direct capacity planning analysis and cloud budget planning with stakeholders along with planning platform licensing/usage needs to ensure a balance between infrastructure health and cost control
- Coordinate platform FedRAMP/internal security assessments activities with Compliance team and Security Architects
- Provide oversight for the monitoring, updating, optimization, redundancy, stability of cloud systems
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including business and technical executives in areas such as business case for key capabilities and complex technical issues
- Administrative manager for a team of assistant IT managers and their directs
- 7 or more years of engineering experience working in complex software development applications which include build, secure development, test and deploy
- 3 or more years of proven experience in large-scale cloud applications delivery and administration of large, complex systems in the cloud
- 3 or more years of experience in People management
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud and its core services is a must
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization.
- Experience in leading Cloud Platforms or supporting complex cloud solutions with integration to the on-premise resources in a secure and reliable manner is preferred
- Self-directed with an ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Experience with fast-paced DevSecOps and Engineering teams in the Cloud using Agile or Scaled Agile processes with cloud development is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and easily builds trust in a cross-functional and matrixed environment
- Must be a U.S Citizen or Green Card holder with intent to become U.S Citizen
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.