Sr. Application Developer
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco has a fantastic opportunity for a Sr. Application Developer to join our Application Services Group. The Federal Reserve has a global mission and offers leading edge work in a stable environment with competitive pay, superior benefits and a true “work/life balance”. The ASG team develops custom C# .Net applications for the San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank, used across various business lines with local and national scope.
In the role of Sr Application Developer, you will design, develop, and implement high quality technology solutions using the latest Microsoft C# .Net technologies. You will work closely with business users to understand business needs and requirements. You will work closely with other ASG team members, members of Federal Reserve National IT organizations, and ASG business liaisons.
Desired Technology Skills:
• Net Framework & .Net Core with C#
• Asp.Net, ASP.Net Core, Web API
• RESTful Web Services and JSON
• SQL Server and Entity Framework including excellent SSMS skills
• SharePoint including CSOM and APIs
• UI Framework experience: Blazer, Angular/ React, jQuery
• Azure DevOps & Configuration Templates
• Unit testing frameworks such as NUnit
• IIS management at the App Pool and Site level
• Experience working an Agile environment
• Ability to apply SOLID principles in day-to-day coding
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Design and implement new solutions, new features, modules, or application components that support and integrate with existing applications, and platforms
• Work on different layers of the application stack including (front-end, middle-tier, and backend)
• Effectively and efficiently remediate defects, implement enhancements, and work with customers to resolve issues
• Team player who can mentor as well as learn from team members and put the team first
• Act with a sense of urgency to achieve critical milestones and resolve customer issues
• Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
• Work on projects that may span a broad range of applications
• Assist in defining development guidelines and standards
• Ensure all applications are documented according to standards
• Support a test strategy which includes unit, integration, and regressions testing
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar technical discipline or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred.
• 5 or more years of enterprise development experience with C#
• Able to work independently to gather requirements and create design artifacts
• Experience supporting mission critical applications in production
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of design patterns and frameworks
• Familiar with software security principals and defensive coding best practices
• Strong analytical skills — must be able to think critically and independently
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as demonstrated by a walkthrough of technical deliverables you have produced
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.