Sr. Frontend Developer – UI
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for an Sr. Frontend Application Developer to join the Statistics and Reserves (STAR) team. As we embark on building the Central Bank of the future enabling Cloud and machine learning, we are looking to add a passionate team member who has design and coding ability with the JAVA stack, and who is highly motivated to learn and grow their skill set. Do you like to innovate and experiment? Are you looking to further deepen your technical relevance using the latest tools and technologies? Are you interested in doing this in an organization that can also offer you a work life balance? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Statistics and Reserves application suite (STAR) collects information from Banks and other types of Depository Institutions. We analyze and process this collected data and provide valuable and critical information to our Board of Governors, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), Federal Economists, the Treasury, and Congress. Our systems also calculate Reserve Balance requirements, monitor maintained Reserve Balances, and deliver accounting statements to Banks and other Depository Institutions. Our work *directly* impacts the best-known function of the Fed decisions made around interest rates.
In the role of STAR Application Developer, you will help us design, develop, and implement high quality technology solutions within mature environments that address STAR business needs. You will work closely with our development team members, members of the Federal Reserve National IT organizations, and our business partners. Additionally, you will participate with other Business and Systems Analysts in identifying standard methodologies and process improvements for the requirements definition and management process areas, and in introducing new processes and tools to development teams.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
· You will develop an understanding of the Statistics and Reserves business areas.
· You will grow strong relationships with the business partners.
· Understand, analyze, and clarify high-level requirements and handle their breakdown into detailed requirements, either in the form of use cases, user stories, or other methods.
· You will translate user requirements into technical artifacts including UI Screens, screen flows, business scenarios, workflow diagrams, file layouts, report layouts, and consolidated business rule matrices.
· Analyze and ensure efficient transition of all requirement and functional design documents into technical designs and code artifacts
· You will develop various application code and UI screens to fulfill business and functional requirements.
· Ensure that UI designs and implementations comply with secure coding standards and internal FRB security requirements.
· Develop process models, data diagrams, support procedures, and other documentation as needed.
· Assist the Project Coordinator in developing project planning artifacts and estimates.
· Perform System/Integration/Regression testing of new development and problem reports as needed.
· Provide education and training as needed to business users, application development, application support, and test teams.
· Assist with implementation planning.
· Act as a point of escalation when needed to help triage and resolve production issues. Use business and system knowledge to analyze change requests, recreate problems, and differentiate between education/training issues and true production problems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems/Programming or related discipline, or equivalent experience
· 5 or more years of related development experience in an enterprise environment
· Expertise in designing and developing applications using Java and REST Architecture
· Technical expertise in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software.
· Experience in UI/ MVC architecture.
· Experience in HTML 4/5/ CSS3 standards.
· Hands on experience in UI optimization best practice implementations.
· Strong knowledge of UI development (JSP, HTML, CSS, Ajax, and XML).
· Experience in a continuous integration environment (Preferably Jenkins) and plugins for UI standard checking.
· Experience with dynamic prototyping tool to generate prototype from requirements/ static html code (custom development experience preferable).
· Experience in building test automation using UI tools like Selenium, Jasmine, Cucumber etc.
· Practical experience in developing complex, high-traffic Websites.
· Must be passionate and driven to learn and apply new technologies and methods of software development, driven to experiment and innovate.
· Must possess demonstrated knowledge of software development methodologies, SDLC, Agile, and version control practices.
· Must possess strong business acumen, excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with confirmed collaboration techniques.
· Strong analytical, multitasking, and time management skills.
· Must be a US Citizen, or a Green Card Holder with the intent to become a US Citizen.
· Experience with software build tools like Maven and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
· DevOps practices.
· Building accessible/ADA Compliant applications.
· Cloud-based application development.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.