Sr. IT Support Specialist
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Are you a detailed and proactive individual that enjoy helping people accomplish what they need? Is your ideal work environment a place where you can collaborate radically across a large and complex organization? If so, we have the job for you.
We are looking for someone with in-depth knowledge of all major productivity applications such as the MS365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.). You will need to get familiar with other new or upcoming productivity applications such as Microsoft PowerBI and Tableau. You will be able to provide information (through the creation of instructional one-pagers or tracing nugget videos) to anyone inquiring about the use of a productivity application
As a Sr. IT Support Specialist, you will provide second and third level on-site technical support for end user computing environment and platforms such as personal computers, peripherals, mobile devices and network infrastructure. In addition, you will also be responsible for second level application support both in-house developed or Common-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
· SME consultation to customers who need assistance learning and using various productivity applications
· Ability to create presentations and to present on various technologies to educate customers
· Diagnoses problems by evaluating multiple options
· Follows up on complex customer issue and bring to full closure
· Ability to work with customer under stressful situations
· Coordinates internal/external supporting resources and ensures incident details are confirmed and communicated
· Identifies and makes recommendations to improve performance and customer satisfaction metrics
· Monitors and analyzes trends to identify recurring problems, or problems affecting a large number of customers
· Evaluates current documentation for improvement opportunities to assist other ITS support organizations in delivering appropriate end-user support
· Manages small to medium projects such as equipment refresh, software upgrades or security remediation
· Participates in business continuity test and ensure procedures are updated
· Participate in system workgroups to continue improving Incident and Problem Management processes and procedures
· Creates and updates documented resolution, technical documentation, or procedures to a knowledge base
· Build, configure and deploy new workstations per defined standards and coordinates with customer on requirements
· SME consultation to business lines in planning their upcoming equipment refresh to determine budget for the following year
Have intermediate to advanced experience with:
· Microsoft SCCM
· Microsoft Active Directory
· Microsoft Office 365
· BMC Remedy ticketing system
Advanced knowledge and experience is desirable with:
· Microsoft Office 365 applications
· Specifically: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, Visio, Project
Other collaboration applications/tools
· Presentations & demonstrations (virtually and/or in-person)
· Associate’s Degree or technical institute degree/certification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Typically requires 5 or more years of relevant technical or business work experience
· Demonstrated intermediate to advance working knowledge of the computing environments, platforms (hardware and software products), problem solving and diagnostic skills
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.