Web Content Strategist
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for a Web Content Strategist to join our organization. Our Bank is well established as an inspiring leader within the Federal Reserve System, and in this role, you will be a key member of the digital team within Communications + Creative!
Would you like to be part of an organization seeking to be the “gold standard” of public service? Do you love seeing audience sentiment improve because of your contributions and are you passionate about content marketing, editing, and writing? If so, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for the digital space, a keen attention to detail, and enjoys working in a dynamic, collaborative team environment. You will be an important strategist, producer, editor, and writer for our public website (frbsf.org). In partnership with other strategists, you will contribute to web content consistency, effectiveness, and execute on content marketing tactics in collaboration with the digital team, larger Communications + Creative group, and internal partners.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- With SEO standard methodologies in mind, act as a writer, editor, and producer for short and long form pieces across our website—helping to prepare content for digital media distribution.
- Be a key curator of our homepage content, while also helping to handle the editorial calendar for frbsf.org (from visuals to content), identifying potential scheduling gaps and/or opportunities on a weekly basis.
- Alongside your fellow strategist, build relationships with business partners to achieve a greater understanding of their business functions and goals.
- Advise business partners on optimal content messaging and timing for different partner segments, guiding them to effective communications solutions.
- Run lead on developing SEO strategies, execution, and optimization—conducting keyword research, review technical SEO issues, and optimize web content.
- You will play a key role in advising on content in an upcoming website reskin as well as on our website rebuild.
- Be primary user of our web content request system and help move requests from submission to quality assurance review to approval and publication.
- Proactively raise concerns regarding possible project management roadblocks and provides solutions.
- You will use standard methodologies and sophisticated metrics tools and analysis to improve usability, identify trends, and evaluate content performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, ideally in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Typically requires six or more years of related experience working in web content marketing/strategy and digital spaces, preferably in a high visibility organization.
- Advanced knowledge in SEO standard methodologies and experience leveraging tools such as Moz, Google Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Keyworddit to optimize content. Experience with SEM a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of content marketing standard methodologies.
- Superior copywriting ability.
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS. Experience building websites and landing pages a plus.
- Solid understanding of web analytics and reporting tools, such as Google Analytics, Kissmetrics, Chartbeat, Quantcast, amongst others.
- Working knowledge of Section 508, WCAG standards, and general digital accessibility standard methodologies.
- Familiarity with web content production processes; experience with content management systems, such as WordPress, Dot CMS, among others.
- General understanding of Git and the mechanisms of deploying code via Git.
- Validated ability to handle and lead change well, pivoting communication or tactical approaches when necessary.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a US Citizen.
- Limited domestic travel required, up to 10%.
- Knowledge of digital media ecosystem and digital trends, such as social media platforms, dark social, and emerging channels.
Alternative external titles:
- Content Marketing Strategist
- Web Content and Marketing Strategist
- Web Marketing Producer
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.