Sr. UX Analyst
Website Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Do you have an insatiable curiosity about human behavior? Do you obsess over how best to serve our community through inclusive websites and applications that are useful, usable, and desirable? Does the thought of researching and understanding user needs in enterprise scale products that address complex banking challenges catalyze your imagination and spark your curiosity? If so, we may have a job for you.
We are looking for a Sr. UX Analyst to support all aspects of user research to deliver top-notch user experiences. You will strive to deepen understanding and empathy around end users’ needs for our stakeholders including product managers, designers, and developers, and you will ensure that UX activities are a priority throughout the software development lifecycle. You will seek and explore innovative approaches to improve experiences and engagement.
What will you do?
As the Sr. UX Analyst, you are driven to put the user first in application and website development, and you will plan and deliver impactful studies that bring the voice of the user to life. You will use your broad expertise of user experience to determine research project approach; design and run research activities; analyze and interpret data; report results; and provide actionable recommendations to our business partners, application designers, and product teams. Specifically, you will:
· Scope, design, build, and conduct user research using methods such as: ethnographic field studies, participatory design sessions, site visits, focus groups, benchmark studies, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and similar approaches
· Understand and align user needs with business partner goals, requirements, technology, budget, and schedule
· Research and develop user scenarios to be used during the design and development processes
· Work closely within a multidisciplinary team, including product owners, software engineers and designers
· Manage multiple moderate to complex projects/tasks; facilitating appropriate user experience activities for use in projects
· Work with project stakeholders to identify and track appropriate user experience and engagement metrics
· Identify potential usability issues and design opportunities
· Analyze user research data, write reports, and communicate results to product design team
· Compile relevant data to include in presentations to explain findings, educate stakeholders, and offer actionable recommendations
· Advocate for the end user by influencing decisions to ensure that product and design decisions are aligned with user needs and expectations
· Assist with providing guidance on accessibility best practices and conduct accessibility tests independently with minimum of supervision
· Collaborate and participate in user research team initiatives
· Keep up with research trends and best practices; develop industry knowledge and expertise
· Acquire, maintain, and apply specific knowledge of relevant technical systems supporting research efforts
· Participate and contribute to UX communities of practice
· Mentor and share knowledge with team members
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, human factors, cognitive psychology, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
· 5+ years of experience in conducting user experience research using a variety of research methods
· Demonstrated success at developing creative and comprehensive research strategies to reveal unforeseen opportunities and issues that have a significant impact on product strategy and design
· Proven ability to analyze and synthesize behaviors and motivations of end users through methods like field visits, surveys, and interviews
· 3+ years of prototyping experience and deep knowledge of designer tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
· Proficiency with one or more usability testing tools or services
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Minimum of 2 years working with UX in software development; SAFe preferred
· UX certification
· Design thinking certification
· Expertise in Section 508 and WCAG
· Strong structure/processes, and design methodologies
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proven experience in complex organizations and enterprise teams
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit frb.taleo.net.