IT Support Specialist, Abstraction
We’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here’s what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be the front-line support for a large population of abstractors who interpret and organize clinical oncology data in our internally built application, Patient Manager. These abstractors are vital to the success of Flatiron’s mission and you will be responsible for ensuring that they are able to reliably access and use our applications, are operating in a secure environment, and receive the technical support they require in order to efficiently perform their work duties. In addition, you’ll also:
- Respond to abstractor requests for technical assistance
- Inspect, analyze, and debug complex technical issues and work with cross-functional teams to triage and resolve problems impacting our abstractors
- Assist with ChromeOS and Patient Manager compatibility and user testing
- Develop cross-functional relationships with all teams that support abstractors
- Effectively communicate updates on status, new problems that arise, and any IT requirements across all stakeholders
- Develop new processes and workflows that optimize our abstractor onboarding process and those that allow us to serve abstractors quicker
- Create and update workflow and process documentation, playbooks, and help content
- Onboard new hire abstractor
Who You Are
You’re an IT Support Specialist with 3+ years of experience in enterprise IT support. You’re excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience in a mixed MacOS, Windows, and ChromeOS environment
In-depth GSuite and Bettercloud administration experience
- You have extensive experience supporting, managing, and securing Chromebooks
- You have Chrome browser and ChromeOS debugging experience
- You have administrative experience with Okta and Duo
- You have the ability to provide technical support remotely
- You don’t settle for “have you restarted your computer” as a solution, you have a drive to understand the root cause of an issue and come up with a permanent fix
- You are customer service driven and excel at providing the best possible user support experience
- You have a thorough understanding of network protocols and services: TCP, UDP, TCP/IP and troubleshooting tools (ie ping,ipconfig, etc), DNS, DHCP
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in at Flatiron.
- GSuite Administrator certification
- Previous work experience at a growing company
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You’ll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.