Senior DevOps Engineer
Flowroute, the first software-centric carrier, provides communication services and technology for cloud-based products. By providing businesses programmatic access to communications infrastructure services, Flowroute removes the complexity of introducing new communications solutions to market. The patented nationwide Flowroute HyperNetwork™ delivers leading carrier-quality calling and messaging services with unparalleled reliability, reach, and simplicity.
Who we are:
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers that allows us to partner in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities and are inspired by collective creativity and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are an organization that puts our purpose for serving first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Flowroute is a part of BCM One, a global technology leader.
About the Job:
We’re looking to add a Senior DevOps Engineer to our group, where you’ll be a core part of a team that’s passionate about systems thinking, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation and learning. In this role, you’ll have a broad field of influence and work alongside multi-functional teams, automating cloud operations, crafting tools, improving CI/CD pipelines, evangelizing cloud technologies internally, and assisting development teams with their monitoring/alerting/response processes.
Are you looking for a workplace where you can find creative ways to use technology to solve real user problems? Would you like to be a part of a company that’s growing quickly? We want to talk to you!
What you’ll be doing:
In any given week you’ll managing priorities such as:
- Building infrastructure to power new services or scaling existing services to accommodate higher demand
- Building capabilities that shorten lead time to change for code shipment, increase deployment frequency, lower mean time to restore from failures and lower change failure rate
- Participating in design reviews and making recommendations to improve the reliability, observability and maintainability of our cloud infrastructure (we use and love AWS)
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers
- Working on software to implement new features or bug fixes and performing code reviews
- Pioneering the use of a new feature of our cloud environment
- Developing and improving our DevOps practices
- Diving into a service’s mysterious behavior with an Application Development Team
- An good understanding of some development language (our team mostly uses Python and a little bit of Bash, C and GoLang)
- Advanced abilities to operate and manage Linux
- Strong skills with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines & deployment environments
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Expert understanding of configuration management, infrastructure-as-code (such as Ansible,
- CloudFormation and Terraform) and automation
- Deep understanding of Docker and container management techniques
- Working experience in a role where the business runs on a cloud, and you have been responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
- Experience in Information Security practices and principles
- A passion for DevOps and running highly resilient automated systems
- Experience automating at scale
- VoIP / SIP Experience
What’s in it for you:
- A remote-first work environment–this role is fully remote anywhere in the US
- Flexible schedule
- 401k with match
- Professional development fund
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Office space in Seattle available for use (but not required)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com