Senior Software Engineer (3 roles open)
Flowroute, the first software-centric carrier, provides communication services and technology for cloud-based products. By providing businesses programmatic access to communications infrastructure services, Flowroute removed the complexity of introducing new communications solutions to market. The patented nationwide Flowroute HyperNetwork™ delivers leading carrier-quality calling and messaging services with unparalleled reliability, reach, and simplicity.
Who we are:
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values strong collaboration and connection with our customers that allows us to partner in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities and are inspired by collective creativity and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are an organization that puts our purpose for serving first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Flowroute is a part of BCM One, a global technology leader.
About the Job:
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to help us design and maintain software used by our customers to deploy, gain access to, and manage voice and messaging communication services. You will be contributing to all layers of our technology stack including backend services, databases, APIs and web-based user interface. We are an agile team with a focus on technical excellence and good design. Security in coding is of utmost importance.
What you’ll be doing:
Engaging with fellow engineers and team members in product to solve prioritized compliance, business, and operational opportunities. Providing input into architectural decisions, assisting with reduction of technical debt and deploying micro services where appropriate. Mentorship of junior engineers is also a possibility down the road. Through continuous observation, making recommendations and carrying out changes to improve the overall experience of customers and/or fellow team members.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Python frameworks (FastAPI, Flask, and Django).
- Hands-on experience with common relational databases and data warehouses (for example, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, Redshift, Snowflake, or others).
- Working experience with AWS (CloudFormation, RDS, ECS, Fargate, Elasticache).
- Experience with Async tasks, queues, and pipelines (Celery, Redis, SNS, SQS, NSQ, Kinesis).
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose.
- Regular user of Gitlab and/or Github, experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Good understanding and practice of secure design principles.
- Experience with SIP, SMPP, SMTP
- VOIP Industry experience
- User interface design
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
What’s in it for you:
- A remote first work environment – this role is fully remote anywhere in the U.S.
- Flexible Schedule
- 401K with match
- Professional development fund
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Office space in Seattle available for use (but not required)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org