Director of Software Quality
At GoHealth, our mission is simple: To improve access to health
GoHealth is looking for a Director of Software Quality to join and lead our software quality assurance and engineering efforts. This is a challenging role where you will take charge as the leader of a large and still rapidly growing, globally distributed quality organization. You will own and drive the strategic vision for software quality; establish, evolve, and enhance quality methodology; and build quality standards and practices across multiple focus areas, including product development, data engineering, and infrastructure.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Oversee all Software Quality Efforts, including Product Quality, Data Quality, and Infrastructure Quality
- Oversee, lead, and mentor a diverse, globally distributed team of Software Quality Analysts and Software Quality Engineers
- Establish and lead a quality obsessed, automation-first culture that believes quality is built in from the very beginning
- Define and drive the strategic vision for Quality at GoHealth
- Define and monitor quality metrics, quality methodology, quality reporting, test architecture, and best practices
- Oversee all Quality hiring and staffing needs
- Work with Principal Engineers on establishing a holistic test strategy, encompassing all range of tests, from unit to functional
- Work with Product Management and UX to understand business needs and ensure quality is built in throughout the process
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education or experience
- 10+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Engineering or Automation as a practitioner
- 5+ years of experience leading Software Quality teams including both Manual and Automation
- 3+ years leading globally distributed teams
- Experience in all types of testing, including unit, integration, system, functional, non-functional, performance, benchmark, load, and stress testing
- Experience testing infrastructure and infrastructure as code optional but desired
- Experience working with BDD and BDD tooling
- An intense passion for automation and an automation-first strategy
- Experience define testing methodology, test metrics, and test reporting mechanisms
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with and a strong believer in the value of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Cloud Experience, such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experienced with a variety of automated testing tools and strategies
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation, agility, and adaptability are highly prized.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we’re safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.