Principal Software Engineer
At GoHealth, our mission is simple: To improve access to health
The Principal Software Engineer at GoHealth will be a lead role in designing high-performing, scalable, web-based software solutions that handle a high volume of transactions each day. The ideal Principal Software Engineer will be a creative thinker, motivator that empowers a team. You will succeed in an Agile environment and will be process- and technology-improvement oriented. The Principal Software Engineer will be an important contributor to our Product Development team, serving as an expert in the group and as a mentor to their team. You will report to the VP of Engineering.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Be the go-to technical lead for high priority technical matters at GoHealth.
- Identify new ways to improve processes within your team and projects.
- Connect lower level technical details to our needs.
- Advocate for and champion overall code quality, reuse, and extensibility, and serve as technical expert.
- Build your team. Encourage and empower ongoing professional development of all team members, mentor junior developers, and cultivate a positive working environment.
- Promote expertise within the company and participate in startup community activities like engagement with GitHub, Stack Overflow, and Chicago-based meetups.
- Develop knowledge of GoHealth platform architecture and applications.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, deployment, and support).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- Experience, with a full-stack background in front-end and back-end Java development.
- Experience with Linux or BSD, and Open Source tools, frameworks, and technologies.
- Experience working with multiple business layers to achieve SaaS products through the SDLC.
- Experience with the software development process, automation, and testing.
- Previous team empowerment and leadership experience.
- Experience with multiple hosting solutions (AWS, VPS, on-premise).
- Fluent on topics of networking, transport protocols, security, and monitoring.
- Experience with multiple types of databases/application servers.
- Ready to implement your vision and demonstrate passion for their work product.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we’re safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.