Senior Site Reliability Engineer
At GoHealth, our mission is simple: To improve access to health
GoHealth is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. You will work with our software development teams to assist them in creating reliable well behaved applications and getting those applications deployed safely in production. You will be both working in application code work and our infrastructure components. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be an important contributor to our Software Development team, and will have a voice in Software design and Architecture. You will work with the GoHealth engineering team to increase the reliability and observability of our systems. Our goal will be to provide growth and mentor-ship within our department. You will grow skills in both Operations and Software Engineering. You will report to a Principle Engineer.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Help develop tools and systems that assist GoHealth’s Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to achieve high-quality software.
- Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure to ensure Service level agreements are met.
- Work throughout the technology stack to develop, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability.
- Use knowledge to troubleshoot systems.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- Knowledge of managing Linux systems (RHEL, CentOS).
- Skills with one or more scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar).
- Experience using infrastructure or configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Terraform.
- Collaborative individual that will keep team members informed of changes and solutions.
- Produce results while working autonomously and within a team environment.
- Experience using version control tools such as, GIT and Mercurial.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we’re safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.