1094651 Sr. Technical Support Engineer – HPE Ezmeral Software Support
Website Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Technology innovation that fosters business transformation.
In this exciting position within the support organization, you will provide the highest level of level of technical expertise and advice to our rapidly growing customer base. You will provide assistance to these enterprises throughout the Pre- and Post-Sales process. On average, your role will consist of providing the highest level of technical expertise to our customer base, work on resolving customer issues and replicating issues in-house, work on code fixes with Engineering and release patches to resolve complex issues as soon as possible.
If you consider yourself a technical dynamo, and you are looking for a challenge in a trailblazing company we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Daily Duties:
- Working knowledge of Hadoop administration for data processing, data ingestion, and analytics. -Examples include MR, YARN, Hive and Hbase.
- Strong SQL knowledge and comfortable with tuning SQL queries.
- Guiding customers on data ingestion by suggesting right technology and helping them use the right tools for ETL. Helping to configure Metastore and multiplicity for access to Metastore.
- Analyzing slow java programs or failures related to JVM using j-stack and j-map to see which processes or threads are either blocked or slow and suggest corrective action.
- Acting as a technical support engineer evaluate high priority issues on HPE Data Fabric filesystem, security, no SQL database, and streaming.
- Installing and configuring HPE Data Fabric filesystem for customers, including sizing the nodes
Advising how to set up volumes, using NFS for access and data ingestion
- Troubleshooting issues with HPE Data Fabric filesystem and quickly come with a solution to avoid future issues.
- Using scripting and pattern matching tools to debug to find the root cause.
- Working on table structure and partitions or no SQL databases, understanding data types, and running sample queries to see customer reported errors. Evaluating table regions and knowing how to recover from region failures and restore file consistencies.
- Setting up either Kerberos or SASL security on customer environment for authentication and authorization and ensuring security tickets are issued and configured properly.
- Interacting with various customer teams to be aware of customer use case, systems, tools and monitoring applications that are used for managing the cluster
- Evaluating all third-party applications used by the customer and how they are integrated with MapR software.
- Utilizing strong analytical skills to dig deep into the problem, performing root cause and assigning to relevant categories such as bug, configuration, and hardware for effective problem-solving.
- Coordinating with Engineering on product defects, testing and patch delivery to customers.
- Maintaining all communication and ownership of cases opened by the customer and bringing in sales engineers for enhancements and internally working with backline to shadow issues.
- Capturing best practices as part of the engagement and writes knowledge articles for self-service
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
- Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
- Programming languages: Java, sparkSQL, Scala
- Technologies: Hadoop, Sqoop, Flume, Hive, HBase, HiveServer 2, HDFS, MySQL, spark, SQL tez, and Oozie
- Knowledge of Linux operating system administration and troubleshooting
- Tools: tcpdump, netstat, SAR, free, htop, IOStat, meminfo, jstack, gdb, vmstat
- Learning of MapR build tools such as fsck, gfsck, guts and analyzing core dumps.
- A plus if you have Java/C++ development skills
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.