Senior Public Relations/Media Relations Manager
Make Your Mark, Join the team today!
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
The Senior Public Relations/Media Relations Manager will leverage existing tier-one media contacts to generate interest for HPE’s cloud services with key target media outlets. They will execute aggressive media pitching, executive interview, and speaking programs, providing prep materials, coaching, and counseling to ensure that presentations and interviews are “on message.” Additionally, they maintain strong, leverageable knowledge of competitor moves, market dynamics, and customer issues that enable competitive PR moves, as well as manage, direct and motivate agencies to execute against stated plans and objectives. The scope may be global, regional, sub-regional or local/country. Lastly, they will ensure work aligns with the company’s brand identity and messaging framework.
- Develop, drive and evaluate complex PR/Media strategies and programs in support of enterprise cloud business objectives or revenue targets.
- Prepare news and launch activities, including coordinating media and analyst interviews, tours, events, generating releases, presentations, and other materials as appropriate.
- Leverage existing and cultivate new relationships with top media, analysts, influencers, and industry leaders (business, national, global).
- Provide media and spokesperson training for key execs and sales leadership as needed.
- Functional or department budget management.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration.
- 10+ years of experience in PR/Media relations
- Individuals with cloud communications experience preferred
- Established relationships with key media outlets such as Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Tech Crunch
Knowledge and Skills:
- Media-savvy, experienced in leveraging key media relationships to further enterprise business objectives.
- Strong preference for experience in enterprise technology business solutions and cloud space.
- Enjoys a “deep dive” into industry issues, and transforming complex concepts into compelling stories for customer audiences.
- Superior writing and editing skills – recognized for “near perfection” writing and editing and often asked to edit the work of others.
- Agency and budget management.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company top to bottom, including most senior company management.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary, and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
Tweets by HPE_Careers
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.