Senior Spark/Cassandra software engineer
Make Your Mark, join the team today!
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools.
Education and Experience Required:
Strong Scala programming skills, Akka, DSL design, concepts of functional programming in Scala
Experience with Spark/Cassandra connector, SBT
Expert skills in programming Spark RDDs, joins and dataframes
Understanding of Mesos-based Spark deployment
Cassandra data modeling, solid understanding of consistency levels, partitioning
Solid grasp of Cassandra internals – read/write paths, indexes, tombstones
Cassandra performance monitoring and troubleshooting, JVM and garbage collection tuning
Cassandra administration skills – compaction, repairs, backup and restore
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options.
In a typical day as a Software Engineer, you would
• Analyse, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end users
• Write code and complete programming by using current programming languages and technologies
• Perform testing and debugging of applications
• Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
• Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
• Effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
• Collaborate with peers, junior engineers, technicians and external design partners
• Typically interact with high-level individual contributors, managers and program core teams
• Lead a project requiring software applications development
If you are…
• Good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen. You are aligned to our core values.
• Holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
• A professional with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experienced in software application design tools and programming languages
• Excellent in verbal and written communication and presentation
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Java, python, C++ programming skills
Experience with Mesos framework API
Experience with Redis in-memory database
Knowledge of Kafka
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org