Silver Peak Channel Systems Engineer (WWT)
Make Your Mark, join the team today!
It’s official – Silver Peak, a SD-WAN leader, has joined forces with Aruba!
This acquisition is a significant step forward in Aruba’s WAN transformation journey and demonstrates HPE’s continued commitment to double down on the Edge. The addition of Silver Peak into the Aruba portfolio will strengthen Aruba ESP (Edge Services Platform), helping to architect the hybrid workplace with a comprehensive edge-to-cloud networking solution covering all aspects of wired, wireless LAN and wide area networking (WAN).
We are looking for a Channel Systems Engineer (CSE) to provide technical leadership, training and mentoring, and product expertise to Silver Peak channel partners. You will work in partnership with Silver Peak regional sales teams, which includes systems engineers, channel managers, and territory sales managers to develop and accelerate our engagement in the channel. You will be accountable for regional revenue targets by providing support on opportunities directly with channel partners, will oversee enablement programs to ensure partners are technically trained and capable of identifying supporting opportunities and will act as a trusted advisor for all things Silver Peak with a specific focus on Silver Peak SD-WAN and Aruba SD-Branch. Travel will be +50% primarily focused within the geographic sales territory you support.
How you’ll make your mark:
- You will advise and persuade technical personnel at partners on the value of Silver Peak by building successful relationships with Partner Account Managers and Partner SEs
- You will deliver pre-sales presentations and demonstrations to partners and customers
- You will deliver technical training to partners to deepen their knowledge of the product and keep them updated on the latest features
- By ensuring the partner technical community stays current on training and certification for Silver Peak solutions
- You will support sales efforts through on-site meetings, group presentations, and marketing activities
- You will manage and own all technical aspects of the technical sales cycle when supporting partners in their own opportunities
- By participating in technical sales calls in conjunction with the partner account team
- Working with Channel Account Managers to oversee technical enablement of the channel in your region
- Working with channel partners to build their SD-WAN and SD-Branch lab environments
- You will maintain strong market awareness and knowledge of competitive technologies to best position Silver Peak/Aruba, and understand how we interoperate with other technologies
- You will own the technical relationship with partners and resellers through technical training and enablement, sales support, problem escalation, and new feature requests
- You will architect, install and configure the Silver Peak virtual and hardware appliances into partner and customer environments for demonstration, proof-of-concept, and production deployments
- You will provide prompt feedback to and be ready to aid product management and engineering on the future direction of the product
- By traveling to trade shows, marketing events, business review meetings, and headquarters
- You will participate in discussion with marketing and engineering teams on new product introduction and provide feedback
- You are an expert in enterprise routing on both the LAN and WAN, specifically with protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- You have a working knowledge of how these protocols operate, and how they are configured in enterprise networks.
- You will need to provide expertise throughout the sales and deployment cycle working with CCIE level routing problems
- You have network design experience that allows you to understand how the entire LAN and WAN architecture is set up and deployed.
- You will need to have a deep understanding of how packets move through a network and the design decisions that come along with that.
- You have a solid understanding of ‘legacy’ networks and how to interoperate with them through the transition to SD-WAN
- You are able to ‘own the room’ in network design discussion and whiteboard sessions
- You have a strong understanding and working knowledge of VRF, VLAN, IP Subnetting, IPV4 and IPV6, network protocols such as TCP and UDP, access control lists, and other surrounding areas.
- You have a working knowledge of network firewalls and other security services often found in networks
- You have recent experience using the CLI on a major router and switch vendors
- You are able to present to an audience of mixed roles and technical abilities within an organization
- You have troubleshooting skills that include hands-on experience with the configuration of networking gear
- You have a working knowledge of the installation and configuration of virtual machines on major hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, and Xen)
- You have competent troubleshooting skills in the installation and configuration of hypervisors and operating systems
- You have experience working with cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, Google, and Oracle Cloud and curiosity to grow your level of expertise in this domain
- You have an understanding of cloud networking principles such as VPC, Transit Gateway, Azure Virtual WAN, Direct Connect, Express Route, and other vendor-specific technologies
- You have experience with General Software Skills, including Microsoft Visio or Lucidchart, Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and Salesforce.com
- You have internal drive and a positive attitude to go above and beyond whenever necessary to compete and win business
- You are a team player willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves
- You are highly organized with solid project management skills
- You take detailed notes and adequately document customer requirements and environment details
- You are someone who is curious and is always learning new technologies
- You have the ability to present to a large audience or group of people
- You are able to occasionally work nights and weekends around customer schedules
- You are calm under pressure in high stakes, mission-critical customers and environments
- You have a BSCS or equivalent degree
- You have 5+ years of experience as a pre-sales Systems/Sales Engineer
- You have formal network training and certifications that are required specifically in areas of routing (CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIE) or extensive experience designing and supporting complex enterprise networks.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary, and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.