Senior Product Manager- Growth
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named to Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! As Senior Product Manager, Growth, you’ll join a new team that’s working to deliver an amazing self-serve product experience from signup to observability in production.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You’ll Do In the Role:
- Own the strategy and execution of key Growth initiatives to drive new user activation and retention. Honeycomb has a passionate user base of early adopters. You’ll identify and execute on opportunities that deliver that value to a fresh, self-serve audience and accelerate the product-led growth engine.
- Develop a deep understanding of the user journey and user segments. Perform quantitative analysis, run experiments, and collect customer insights to inform the large and small product bets you’ll make. Share what you learn to help inform decisions that other teams are making.
- Work with a team of engineers and a designer to carve out a delightful user journey that is clear, helpful, and direct. Find friction and unblock it. Craft innovative ways to speed the developer to their goals, with the power of Honeycomb.
- Champion an experimentation mindset. Build to learn; deliver value fast, and iterate.
- Be a champion for the user. A great product experience is key to our success in product-led growth. Find ways to understand the challenges your users face, and turn empathy into solutions.
- Collaborate with partners in Marketing, Customer Success, and Solutions Architecture to surface opportunities, share learnings, and coordinate cross-functional initiatives. You may partner on end-to-end experiences that start or end outside of the product, including content for nurture emails, blog posts, and documentation.
What You’ll Bring:
- You have 4+ years of B2B growth PM experience, with some direct experience working on a SaaS product — delivering new end user experiences, analyzing outcomes, and iterating based on what you’ve learned.
- You care deeply about users and their needs. You naturally gravitate towards wanting to understand your users, and you’re relentless in advocating for their best interests. You’re comfortable proactively reaching out to users and your engagement is tuned towards empathy and understanding.
- You have experience using analytics tools (for example, Mode or Amplitude) to build reports and self-serve insights. You have experience using communications tools (for example, Pendo, Appcues, Intercom) to build in-product tours and campaigns.
- Data driven and results-oriented. You balance an analytical approach with intuition developed by keeping an ear to the ground with user interviews and insights from customer-facing teams.
- Knows how to think big, and build small. You are equally at home setting a vision and identifying small pieces of value that can be delivered iteratively. You enjoy spinning plates and shepherding product work through its entire lifecycle.
- Effective communicator. You can generate buy-in to your initiatives, ensure coordination across teams, socialize the outcomes of your team’s work. You can wrangle opinions, reconcile them with data, clearly communicate how you made decisions and why, and drive alignment.
- You’re comfortable writing customer-facing communications, such as in-product copy, nurture emails, etc.
- Synthesizes and distills signal to create focus. Honeycomb’s users and employees alike are treasure troves of great ideas and feedback. We’d like you to have a knack for listening to all of it, identifying patterns, and aligning signal with our product strategy and goals.
- You’re curious and creative. You’ll be taking directional guidance and using it as the basis for chartering your own product discovery adventures. You find ambiguity inspiring and are driven to navigate your way through it to a place of clarity. You value making space for learning before pushing toward a solution.
- Values clear, open communication.We see clear, thoughtful, and regular communication (including a willingness to give and receive feedback) as a fundamental skill, not just a nice to have — and we hope you do too. This role sits at the intersection of several teams and our users, making communication especially important.
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base pay (range) of $185,000- 210,000
- A stake in our success – generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are – our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market – no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge – Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Pick Your Perk – $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) – so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don’t need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.ioto discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better – we want to know!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.