Senior Support Engineer
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named to Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! In this Senior Support Engineer role, you’ll join a growing Support Engineering team, helping us to expand our customer care capabilities.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You’ll Do as Senior Support Engineer at Honeycomb:
- Provide thoughtful, expert guidance to Honeycomb’s users via our support channels, adhering to SLAs
- Deliver the kind of outstanding customer service that acts as a differentiator, helping Honeycomb maintain and expand its position in the industry
- Collaborate with coworkers across the Honeycomb organization to drive resolution on customer issues
- Provide an escalation path and mentorship to your teammates as the Support Engineering team and its capabilities grow
- Author and update knowledge base articles, internal documentation, and other support content
- File bugs and feature requests on behalf of customers, providing key context and flagging trends
- Represent the customer in internal meetings
- Continuously keep up to date on Honeycomb technologies and product offerings
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous Support Engineering or Technical Support experience
- System operations and/or software development experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, both external (e.g. with customers) and internal (e.g. with teammates and coworkers)
- A confident and kind “bedside manner” with our users
- Thirst for knowledge about Honeycomb’s product and observability in general
- Desire to interact with Honeycomb’s customers, listen to their needs, and help remove blockers to success
- Nice to Have:
- Experience with OpenTelemetry
- An understanding of modern observability practices and/or other observability solutions
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Comfortable using support platforms such as Intercom, Freshdesk, Zendesk, or similar
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base pay (range) of $120,000 – $145,000 plus 10% bonus based on team performance
- A stake in our success – generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are – our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market – no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge – Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Pick Your Perk – $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) – so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don’t need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.ioto discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better – we want to know!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.