User Experience Researcher
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named on Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! This role is the first User Experience research (UXR) position for this team. You’ll enjoy significant autonomy, but you won’t be alone! The design team has four product designers and three visual designers. UXR is already an essential part of our process, and we have a strong communication pipeline directly with our customers. Our goal is to strengthen and expand the role and influence of our UXR practice here at Honeycomb, and the addition of this position is the first step. We are looking for someone interested in shaping the process and direction of UXR here at Honeycomb with lots of opportunities for future growth.
As a Honeycomb UX researcher, you’ll be tackling and untangling complex challenges to gain deeper insights into how people interact with, understand, and troubleshoot their production systems. You’ll work collaboratively with engineering and product to contribute new ideas that positively impact the Honeycomb user and developer experience. If this sounds like fun, we’d love to talk to you.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a geeky, talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers. At Honeycomb, if you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room!
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Do In Role:
- Create the path. Be a leader in the research domain while advocating for the potential customers and the people who use our products. Set goals, measure the success of research projects, and find ways to improve continually.
- Be our guide. Guide us on the design and execution of qualitative and mixed methods studies. Help us identify opportunities to marry qualitative and quantitative methodologies to tell a deeper, more compelling story.
- Identify opportunity. Collaborate with senior stakeholders to understand business viability constraints and look for those opportunities that live in the overlap between business and customer needs. Identify and prioritize opportunities deserving of more research and exploration.
- Be a champion for the user. Collaborate with your peers from all parts of the business to identify connection points and build a holistic understanding of Honeycomb user types, their needs, and expectations.
- Be a champion for research. Generate insights that both evaluate designs and fuel ideation. Help us find ways to creatively and compellingly share research and customer insights across the company.
What You’ll Bring:
- Significant experience with multiple user research methodologies that span the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch, such as lab studies, field research, iterative prototype testing, and surveys/questionnaires
- Expertise in qualitative research and knowledge of quantitative methods; ability to determine and guide the execution of the proper research method for the question at hand
- Ability to look for solutions and information in creative ways and convey complex results and insights to people of varying backgrounds
- Experience discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced product decisions and produced business impact
- Experience in study design and can maintain methodological rigor while staying flexible and adjusting to changing timelines or priorities
- Enjoys communicating about UXR and is able to talk about complex ideas and processes in a way that’s accessible to diverse audiences. Every member of our team acts as an ambassador, mentor, and educator for our craft across Honeycomb.
- Cares deeply about users and their needs
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base pay of $170,000- 200,000
- A stake in our success – generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are – our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market – no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge – Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk – $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) – so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don’t need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.ioto discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better – we want to know!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.