Director of Product Marketing
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named on Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! In this Director/Sr Director Product Marketing Manager role, you’ll lead a team of highly skilled PMMs who are the go-to-market (GTM) architects for Honeycomb’s many differentiating features. This is a strategic role that sits at the intersection of product-led growth (PLG) and enterprise sales, with c-level and board-level visibility
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You’ll Do In Role:
- Lead and grow the Product Marketing function at Honeycomb, and help us evolve the Observability category and our leadership position in it.
Evolve our core messaging and positioning through an outside-in approach (feedback from users, analysts, competitive dynamics).
- Build out the PMM fundamentals for all of our differentiating features through all GTM channels including our website, campaigns, PR/AR, devrel, community, and the field.
- Drive positive business impact in all parts of the funnel, from top-of-funnel content marketing and campaign effectiveness, to middle-of-funnel SDR plays and enablement, to bottom-of-funnel sales enablement and collateral that drive higher close rates and faster sales cycles
- In conjunction with the comms and devrel teams, lead the next generation of our content strategy.
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong leadership qualities to motivate and manage the product marketing team. You are effective at harnessing the time and energy of skilled people across marketing functions and the company at large to drive product success in and outside of Honeycomb.
- A hard-won playbook for driving demand, accelerating sales cycles, and driving higher product adoption and revenue through differentiating messaging, enablement, and marketing programs for products used by engineering and/or Ops teams.
- Strong storytelling capabilities—from the technical details, you are able to create differentiated messaging and positioning that creates an emotional connection for our target audience (who are notoriously allergic to marketing), inspiring them to champion Honeycomb throughout their own organization.
- A data-driven mindset to take the wealth of data coming from product telemetry and marketing systems to inform GTM strategy.
- Deep care about collaboration and the ability to build trusted relationships with nearly every function in Honeycomb, especially sales and product management.
- An open and direct communication style. We consider clear, thoughtful, written and face-to-face communication (including a willingness to give & receive feedback) as a fundamental leadership skill and one of the strongest predictors of business impact.
- Experience as a PMM and a PMM leader. For this role, there’s a minimum of 5 years of PMM leadership experience, with demonstrable business impact.
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base pay of $225,000- 250,000
- A stake in our success – generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are – our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market – no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge – Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk – $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) – so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don’t need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.io to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better – we want to know!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.