Senior Product Manager
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named on Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! In our Senior Product Manager role, you’ll be a joining a growing Product team, and working closely with counterparts in engineering and design to discover and deliver new product value.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You’ll Bring:
- Deep concern for user needs. A strong candidate for this role will naturally gravitate toward wanting to understand users, what pains them and pleases them, and will be relentless in advocating for their best interests in the product. You will feel comfortable proactively reaching out to users, and your engagement will be tuned toward empathy and understanding.
- Curiosity and creativeness. You’ll be taking directional guidance and using it as the basis for chartering your own product discovery adventures. You find ambiguity inspiring and are driven to navigate your way through it to a place of clarity. You value making space for learning before pushing toward a solution.
- Some domain knowledge. We’d love to find someone who has worked in any of these domains: observability (of course), monitoring, logging, or data analytics related to software development. If you consider yourself an experienced user of products in one of those domains, that counts too!
- Ability to think big, and build small. You are equally at home setting a vision and identifying small pieces of value that can be delivered iteratively. You enjoy spinning plates and shepherding product work through its entire lifecycle, from early prototype to GA.
- Aspiration to synthesize and distill signal to create focus. Honeycomb’s users and employees alike are treasure troves of great ideas and feedback. We’d like you to have a knack for listening to all of it, identifying patterns, and aligning signal with our product strategy and goals. The product manager we’re hoping to find will not be easily distracted by streams of information incoming from many directions.
- Strong communication skills. We see clear, thoughtful, and regular communication (including a willingness to give and receive feedback) as a fundamental skill, not just a nice to have — and we hope you do too. This role sits at the intersection of several teams and our users, making communication especially important.
- Inclination toward generalist. We’re a small team at Honeycomb, so there will be plenty of opportunities to jump around and help out with many areas of our product efforts. Our ideal candidate will enjoy a bit of variety in your work and not find it too distracting to help out with other projects from time to time.
- Some experience. For this role, there’s a minimum of 4 years of professional experience as a product manager. Generally we find that product managers who have worked in startups and/or who have focused on B2B software are most likely to be successful at Honeycomb.
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base pay of $190,000- 210,000
- A stake in our success – generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are – our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market – no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge – Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk – $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) – so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don’t need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.io to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better – we want to know!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.