Software Engineer- Growth
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We’re working with well known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named on Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022! In this Senior Product Engineer role, you’ll be a joining our Growth Engineering team, a group that will focus on making new Honeycomb users successful and Honeycomb’s self-serve customer experience delightful. Some engineers have to be convinced and coaxed to care about the customer experience and the company’s business metrics — but we think the very best engineers are often thrilled to immerse themselves in these concerns. If this idea resonates with you, you might be a great fit to be a Product Engineer on our team!
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You’ll Bring:
- Loves creating a good customer experience. You’ll be working with software our customers interact with every day, so it’ll help if you are motivated by the idea of creating a great product experience and excited to collaborate with design, product management, and other engineers to do so.
- Preferred experience with google analytics, A/B testing tools, and/or quantitative analysis- this is a nice to have not a requirement. In this role, you’ll look both quantitatively and qualitatively at what makes a successful Honeycomb customer, and will work closely with product management on this analysis. It’ll be helpful to have a solid understanding of related current practices for a SaaS product.
- Cares deeply about software quality and testing. A strong candidate for this role would be interested in testing and have experience finding the best ways to keep a high level of quality without spending an ever-growing amount of time on maintaining tests. They would also be a practiced code reviewer, able to give kind, thoughtful feedback to other engineers on Pull Requests to the product codebase.
- Values clear, open communication. We see clear, thoughtful, and regular written & face-to-face communication (including a willingness to give & receive feedback) as a fundamental engineering skill and one of the strongest predictors of future engineering impact, not just a nice to have, and we hope you do too.
- Likes being a generalist. We’re a small team at Honeycomb, so there will be plenty of opportunities to jump around and help out with other areas of our engineering and product efforts as well — the ideal candidate would enjoy a bit of variety in their work and not find it too distracting to help out with other projects from time to time.
- Has some experience. For this role, there’s a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience as a software engineer or in a related role, advancing beyond an entry-level position.
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Base pay of $145,000- 190,000
- A stake in our success – generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are – our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market – no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge – Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk – $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) – so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don’t need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better – we want to know!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com