Technical Alliance Manager
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It’s a service for the near future and present, where cloud-native distributed systems are the new default and every service is a platform. We are passionate about providing developer tools that raise our industry’s expectations of what our tools can do for us, and working with partners to provide access to those tools to as many engineering teams as possible.
This role is focused on managing the relationships between Honeycomb and our technology alliance partners. You’ll work with our partners to create long-term, mutually beneficial relationships by working together to create new integrations, services, or joint opportunities. You’ll do anything you can to make the most of these strategic alliances by building connections, advocating for Honeycomb to partners, advocating for partners to Honeycomb, and connecting the dots to execute on the highest ROI joint marketing, sales, or product development opportunities you identify. You’ll work closely with the Ecosystem & Partnerships team, and cross-functionally within Honeycomb, to ensure we deliver on our partnership objectives. If you love developing partnerships, have strong communication & negotiation skills, and thrive when owning creative solutions, then this is the role for you.
What You’ll Bring:
- Has previous experience working with the Amazon Partner Network (APN). Maybe you’ve been an Alliance Manager for Amazon Web Services (AWS) before, or you’ve been on the other side of the table as an AWS PDM. Our small team does a lot with the enormously vast network of teams that comprise AWS. So knowing how to navigate through the APN will be a key skill for someone in this role. You’re no stranger to working with Partner Central, AWS co-sell, ACE, APFP, or MDF (and you didn’t even need to look up those acronyms).
- Knows the Cloud-Native/SRE/DevOps/Developer landscape and its opportunities. As part of your role, you’ll be developing new alliance partnerships. Having a keen eye for where to make the best investments will help you thrive in this role. You’ll have the full support of the Ecosystem & Partnerships team, but having previous experience to draw upon will accelerate your efforts. Bonus points for previously managing alliance partners like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Is driven by creating and nurturing effective relationships that drive agreements between you and your partners. You thrive when navigating an organization to find the right connections. You see the roadblocks ahead and proactively work with your team to make a plan to overcome those obstacles, then you execute it effectively. You resolve conflicts, introduce creative solutions, and do what it takes to find the mutual wins.
- Feels at ease keeping multiple projects on-track and moving at the same time. Iterating toward success could require you to place and monitor multiple bets. You have a track record of keeping multiple plates spinning and you know when and how to take corrective action whenever one of them seems off balance. You’re the kind of person who thrives in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
- Loves teamwork. We’re a scrappy group and we work cross-functionally to get things done. You build relationships and collaborate well with other teams to develop and maintain strategic alliances while delivering results.
How We Work
- We hire adults, and we trust every member of the team to act with autonomy and ownership. We emphasize communication and listen to/internalize feedback as readily as we give it to others.
- We’re a high-trust and high-transparency team with psychological safety. We move fast, experiment intentionally, learn, and iterate.
- We’re a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes.
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- A stake in our success – generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are – our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market – no matter where you live (or move)!
- 401k plan to help you plan for your future
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge – Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Pick Your Perk – $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) – so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don’t need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.io to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better – we want to know!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.