What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a software development position focused on developing audio applications and plug-ins for sound designers, musicians and audio production professionals. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it – we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
The team is highly collaborative, has a passion for high-quality code and in learning how to continually improve our craft. Qualified applicants should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience designing, developing and debugging software in C/C++ for Mac and Windows. The ideal candidate would have a passion for music and audio technology – though prior experience with audio plugins or the audio industry is not required.
- Work closely with a cross-functional agile team consisting of Product Management, UX Designers, Sound Designers, Research and QA to define and realize product requirements
- Design, prototype, develop and deliver new audio products in C/C++
- Maintain and upgrade existing audio products written in C/C++
- Contribute to improvements, refactoring and re-architecture of the application and UI framework, to maintain state-of-the art foundation for our products
- 2 or more years of experience developing efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ code for production-quality products preferred. Recent college graduates are also welcome to apply.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Strong engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, analytical skills
- Exposure to test-driven development, design patterns, software frameworks, performance optimization, system architecture
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other peer Software Engineers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers, Sound Designers
You May Have:
- Experience with cross-platform development using Microsoft Visual Studio, Apple Xcode, Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDKs a plus
- Working knowledge or exposure to DSP and audio signal processing algorithms a plus
- Working knowledge or exposure to Python & Python tools for scientific computing and machine learning
- Experience developing and deploying services, web applications or cloud solutions using AWS
- Wellbeing- We provide Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Mental Health- Subscription to the Calm Meditation App and access to Virtual Online Therapy are available for all iZotopians
- Remote Work- We offer remote work flexibility until we are able to safely return to the office. Employees will receive monthly stipends to help with home office expenses as well as a WFH reimbursement for you to purchase any additional supplies
- Continuous learning- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development opportunities for those seeking to further their learning
- Flexible PTO- We offer a Flexible PTO plan along with Sick Days and 19 paid holidays throughout the year
- Parental Leave- 100% Paid Parental Leave with up to 12 weeks off for birth parents and 6 weeks for non-birth parents which can be taken consecutively or intermittently to fit what works best for a growing family’s needs
- Employee Investment- We offer a 401k plan with employer match and annual market adjustments
- Complimentary Software- Access to iZotope software and complimentary passes to share with friends and family, and industry discounts
We have a thoughtful approach when it comes to compensation. Towards the end of each interview process, we create customized compensation reports based off of skill, years of experience, geographic location, and other factors driven by market research. Specific details may be discussed during the initial call with the Talent Acquisition Partner. Market data in Colorado suggests this position’s compensation would start at $83k based off of geographic location and skill level. Upon assessment of the individual’s experience an exact amount will be determined.
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.