Video Content Creator Freelancer
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
Calling Video Content Creators!
Do you live and breathe music and music production? Do you pride yourself on staying ahead of repair, beat-making, mixing and mastering production techniques that you see on Instagram, Youtube and in forums? Are you the person all your friends send their tracks to before they release them to the masses?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions then you absolutely need to apply to an exciting opportunity here at iZotope. We’re hiring remote freelancers who specialize in creating engaging, educational video content to help enable and inspire our customers to make the most of their next session with our award-winning tools.
You will help our customers understand the power of our software and how tools like Nectar, VocalSynth, Neoverb, Ozone and more can be used to help them cross the sonic finish line in their next production.
You can produce content from the comfort of your battle station using your own audio/screen capture software and hardware! You will become a dynamic contributor to our growing marketing and sales teams.
As part of your application, please make two short videos and include the download or sharable links to these using a service like Dropbox or WeTransfer below. Please note that all application-related submissions will remain owned by the applicant and not be used for any purpose other than assessing qualifications. Note: Any applications without video samples will not be considered.
The two videos should be:
- Video 1 – Educational: 1-3 minute video explaining what compression is and how to deploy it in a vocal mixing context. Feel free to use metaphors to break down the ballistics and behavior of how a compressor works: think about the easiest way to help a novice understand how a compressor works. For the video, you can use a mix of audio/visual/text elements together — it’s up to you. Please use sound examples running through Nectar 3 or Neutron 3’s Compressor. You can get a free 10 day trial of these products on our website or through Product Portal.
- Video 2A – Technique Demonstration: Using VocalSynth and/or Nectar create a “2-Minute Tips” that shows a creative and awesome sounding vocal mixing technique, complete with several “Before/After” audio examples on how the tools affected the mix. To get a sense of our style, please watch some example videos. Again, you can get a free 10 day trial of these products on our website or through Product Portal.
- Video 2B – Technique Demonstration: Using RX, Ozone or Neutron, create a “2-Minute Tip” video that shows a powerful repair, mastering or mixing technique, complete with several “Before/After” audio examples on how the tools affected the mix. To get a sense of our style, please watch some example videos. Again, you can get a free 10 day trial of these products on our website or through Product Portal.
- Create educational tutorial, tips/tricks videos featuring tools from our product lines.
- Lend a hand in creating sound examples for our products.
- Work with various iZotope teams to pitch and develop compelling video marketing content to align with iZotope campaigns, product launches, product updates, and more.
- Experience in computer based music creation. This includes knowledge of recording, mixing, repair products and software instruments.
- Experience producing (scripting, editing and delivering) videos and audio-mixing/repairing your voice-over.
- Excellent overall knowledge and understanding of our products and the products of our competitors.
- Excellent presentation and social skills
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.