What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
We are seeking an experienced Agile Coach to join our Product Development team responsible for developing our award winning audio applications and plugins for sound designers, musicians and audio production professionals. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it – we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
The Agile Coach will be instrumental in ensuring that our product development teams realize their full potential in delivering against our product roadmap. This includes teaching Agile concepts and principles, continually improving and iterating on our existing processes, evangelizing an agile mindset and driving change across the organization.
Qualified applicants would be comfortable working side by side with an agile team in a Scrum Master role, while simultaneously coaching the teams and the product development organization. The ideal candidate would have prior experience with audio plugins and/or virtual instruments and be familiar with trends in the audio industry.
- Collaboration – Work closely with Product Management, Software Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, UX Designers, Sound Designers and Marketing to define, build and deliver high quality, innovative audio products, focused on delivering customer value
- Agile Coach – Coach teams as an expert on lean/agile practices, including effective story writing, estimation, story splitting, prioritization and other Scrum activities. Support and coach Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Scrum Master – Perform Scrum Master duties, including facilitating Scrum meetings and retrospectives, backlog refinement, metric-driven sprint and release planning, removing impediments to team progress, mitigating risk, and supporting teams to effectively use JIRA and other tooling and artifacts to promote communication and transparency for project stakeholders
- Culture – Promote the behaviors and benefits of self-organizing teams, and contribute to a culture that values design thinking, and continuous improvement of the agile process.
- Facilitation and Relationship Building – Facilitate cross-functional team discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution. Build and maintain strong relationships, beyond the development team, with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement – Assess the Agile maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization. Identify and codify emerging practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (CS, Music Production, Business, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Agile Coach and/or Scrum Master capacity for a software product companyAgile and/or coaching certification (CSM).
- Certified Enterprise Team Coach (CTC), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) or similar preferred
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures, such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of facilitating cross-functional teams from product inception through customer delivery
- Coaching mindset with a well-established repertoire of coaching techniques
- Passionate and experienced at driving and enabling organizational process change; able to master and explain complicated concepts and align organization on decisions; comfortable influencing without authority
- Flexible, adaptive and creative mindset and strong business intuition; able to identify innovative solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, listening, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn and adapt quickly and work independently
You May Have:
- Background or interest in audio technology and/or audio software applications
- Professional training or teaching experience
- Familiarity with Software Quality Assurance & Test Automation
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools
- Previous experience or training as an Agile Product Owner
- Experience with mobile, web of cloud application development
- Comprehensive medical plans in which iZotope pays the majority of the out of pocket costs
- Flexible PTO Policy and 19 paid holidays in 2021
- 100% paid family leave
- 401k with company match of 6% with both pre-tax and post-tax contribution options
- Additional perks and benefits
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.