Sr. Manager, Software Development
What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Development Manager to join our Product Development team responsible for developing our suite of award winning audio applications and plugins, for sound designers, musicians and audio production professionals. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it – we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
The team is highly collaborative, has a passion for high-quality code and in learning how to continually improve our craft. We are seeking a seasoned servant-leader who thrives in transforming teams, and building and fostering a culture of discovery and continuous learning with productive conflict and tolerance for risk taking.
Qualified applications should have in-depth knowledge of software development and test methodologies and demonstrable experience leading and managing software development teams in a cross-functional, collaborative, agile environment. The ideal candidate would have a passion for music and audio technology – though prior experience with audio plugins, virtual instruments or the audio industry is not required.
- Managing and developing a high-performing team of C++ developers from entry level through senior technical leaders, including hiring, coaching, career development and performance management.
- Actively participating in a strategic cross-functional Leadership Team responsible for driving business outcomes, as a representative from Product Development.
- Providing thought leadership with the goal of being a best-in-class engineering team; facilitating continuous improvement in delivery speed, quality, value and applied innovation within a metrics-driven, fast-paced Agile environment.
- Partnering with the most senior developers on the team to provide technical and strategic direction, and support the care and feeding of our shared, cross-platform architecture and code base – with an eye toward maintainability, future extensibility, and the ability to rapidly iterate, aligned with the product and technology roadmaps.
- Being an agile practitioner, including promoting behaviors of self-organizing teams, valuing design thinking, continuous process improvement, and coaching on agile methodology and practices as needed.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience developing, motivating, retaining and managing high-performance software development teams. Coaching, servant-leader and collaborative mindset.
- Proven track record of delivering innovative customer-facing solutions in a continuous delivery model and cross-functional agile environment.
- Results, customer and quality-oriented with strong organizational and software project leadership skills.
- Passionate and experienced at driving and enabling positive process change, in-product experimentation and iterative learning. Long-term thinker, able to align the team and broader organization on decisions, technical vision and innovative solutions.
- Past experience as a hands-on technical contributor, developing and delivering cross-platform production-quality desktop software written in C/C++ or equivalent. Solid understanding of test-driven development, design patterns, software frameworks, system architecture.
- Expert problem solver, strong analytical skills.
- Decisive, self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other Developers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers, Sound Designers
You May Have:
- Agile or coaching certification (CSM, CTC, etc.)
- Exposure to or direct experience with real-time and offline digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and technology
- Experience using and/or developing real-time audio and/or video performance and production software or hardware
- Experience developing and deploying services, web applications or cloud solutions using AWS
- Wellbeing- We provide Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Mental Health- Subscription to the Calm Meditation App and access to Virtual Online Therapy are available for all iZotopians
- Remote Work- We offer remote work flexibility until we are able to safely return to the office. Employees will receive monthly stipends to help with home office expenses as well as a WFH reimbursement for you to purchase any additional supplies
- Continuous learning- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development opportunities for those seeking to further their learning
- Flexible PTO- We offer a Flexible PTO plan along with Sick Days and 19 paid holidays throughout the year
- Parental Leave- 100% Paid Parental Leave with up to 12 weeks off for birth parents and 6 weeks for non-birth parents which can be taken consecutively or intermittently to fit what works best for a growing family’s needs
- Employee Investment- We offer a 401k plan with employer match and annual market adjustments
Complimentary Software- Access to iZotope software and complimentary passes to share with friends and family, and industry discounts
We have a thoughtful approach when it comes to compensation. Towards the end of each interview process, we create customized compensation reports based off of skill, years of experience, geographic location, and other factors driven by market research. Specific details may be discussed during the initial call with the Talent Acquisition Partner. Market data in Colorado suggests this position’s compensation would start at $140k based off of geographic location and skill level. Upon assessment of the individual’s experience an exact amount will be determined.
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.