Vice President, Revenue Enablement
Who You Are
The VP of Revenue Enablement will improve and scale our Enablement of Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, and Self Service business at Justworks. This person will be responsible for leading the functions that train, develop, improve, and measure the success of our customer facing teams (a 400+ employee organization) You will be an expert at both acquiring and retaining customers in a service oriented way, while always prioritizing what is best for the customer and our employees. The person in this role needs to both master the art and science of a great sale, customer onboarding and overall great Customer Experience. You will level up the ability of all our Sales Development Associates (SDRs), Account Executives (AEs), Onboarders (OMs/OAs), Customer Support Reps (CSRs), Product Support Specialists (PSS) and Account Managers (AMs), in addition to other roles to achieve quarterly quota, ramp-up in new roles, deliver best-in-class service experience for our customers, and interface directly with our Product and Engineering teams to solve bugs and handle customer issues.
You will partner with our Sales and CS leadership, Marketing, Business Operations, Product & Engineering and the rest of the leadership team in building a leading Enablement function that owns incredible revenue and customer retention results and creates new pathways for our employees to develop and grow within the organization.
What You Will Work On
You will be responsible for driving the following:
- Developing new capabilities to help us grow from 8,000 to 20,000 customers
- Evaluating, building and scaling the Enablement team to ensure our customer facing teams have the right tools and skills to do their jobs most effectively
- Architect how our Enablement function should operate, chart a roadmap for the organization and drive a vision on how the team can support the broader customer journey
- Create a tight feedback loop between our customer facing teams and our operational teams across the organization
- Design and execute what is necessary to ensure we are giving our peers in Product & Engineering the necessary feedback and intel in order to resolve customer issues quickly via our Product Support function.
- Sales & CS Training
- You will be responsible for working with our Director of Sales & CS Training to ensure we are onboarding people effectively and setting them up to thrive in the organization
- Collaborate with other leaders to ensure we are executing top tier ongoing training and development programs
- Engage with leadership to ensure we are continuing to develop manager
- Sales & CS EnablementYou will be responsible for working with our Manager of Enablement to ensure the team is set up for success
- Work closely with Business Operations to ensure high adoption of tooling and corresponding execution
- Drive strategy across the company in coordination with other executive leadership Work closely with Business op
- Build and deploy the next generation of sales/customer success plays — architect the end-to-end sales motion that will create maximum success in winning new customers, new markets and empowering our teams
- Collaborate and partner with our Quality Assurance & Coaching teams in order to ensure we are giving our customers accurate information
- Own onboarding and ongoing training from rep onboarding through tenured rep achievement
- Assess skills, knowledge, process and tools required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage
- Additionally, you will Architect how our Enablement function should work and chart a roadmap for the organization and collaborate with our Product Support teams to ensure there is a tight feedback loop between our customer facing teams and Product & Engineering
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Vice President, Revenue Enablement, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement – the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented – exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge – the specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a person possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven – consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication – the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie – Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness – Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit – You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity – Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity – Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 7 years of experience leading sales enablement organizations, with a strong background in software go-to-market strategy and Customer Success
- Experience building, scaling, and managing a Sales Enablement and/or CS Enablement team in software or other relevant industry
- Top-class problem-solver — quickly translate ambiguity into insight and actionable recommendations
- Experienced with sales, CS and mktg functions in high-growth startups (a builder vs. optimizer) — and in teaming effectively with multiple revenue and retention functions
- Experience developing sales plays and campaigns — well versed in standard playbooks but build for situational impact
- Expert in tactical sales and cs skills training & coaching, including scripting of call plans and rebuttals
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching and training sales and client service methodologies
- Top-class analytics skills – understand the importance of data and acumen and make decisions this way
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.