LiT’s Web Developer will be part of a cross-functional product team. The team builds new site experiences to support Latinas who work in Tech or aspire to work in Tech; recruiters who would like to see more Latinas joining their organizations, and the chapter leaders who help strengthen our community at the local level. We are a close-knit team that values data-driven insights, user feedback, collaboration, organization, and respect.
What you will do
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code that works across multiple browsers and devices by using best practices
- Implement new features following wireframes and project requirements
- Independently research and resolve engineering issues
- Maintain the website’s existing architecture
- Ensure high performance and availability
- 3+ years of experience with back-end technologies including PHP
- 3+ years of WordPress development experience
- Experience with MySQL or similar querying language
- Experience with AJAX
- Experience with version control tools
- Experience working with a cross-functional team (Product, Design, Tech Support)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Asana or similar project management tool
- Experience enabling site integrations with Stripe and Mailchimp (or similar tools)
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Awareness of best practices in performance and security
Nice to have
- Experience with React, Node JS, Python/Django, Headless CMS, Rest APIs
- Experience migrating content from WordPress to a native environment
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
Remote – US, Remote – Latin America, Remote – Europe
Working hours must overlap with 8AM-11AM Arizona Time
Employment Type: This position can be filled at a contract or full-time level.
Benefits: Health and vision insurance, 403B (401K for Nonprofits), performance bonus, unlimited vacation.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position if based in the USA. Latinas in Tech will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
About Latinas in Tech
Latinas in Tech is a non-profit with humble origins. What started out as two friends in need of career support is now a multinational community of over 16,000 Latinx women with a local footprint in the US, Canada, Mexico, and the UK. Our mission is ambitious, just like our members: we seek to reshape the tech industry so that Latinx women are not only well-represented but also thriving in the ecosystem.
We focus on 3 key pillars: professional development, recruiting, and mentorship. Historically, our community convened through in-person events, workshops, recruiting mixers, and meetups hosted at one of our tech partner office hubs. In 2020, we became experts in recreating the magic of our in-person meetups to curate over 70 online events reaching more than 6,500 Latinx women in tech. For more information visit latinasintech.org
Latinas in Tech is an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.