Latinas in Tech is a non-profit organization to connect, support and empower Latina women working in technology. Our group began in Silicon Valley in 2014 and has expanded to a global community of more than 13,000 Latinx women with a local footprint in the US, Canada, Mexico, and the UK. Our mission is to provide the resources, opportunities, and community Latinas need to thrive, innovate and lead in tech so that one day Latinas are well-represented throughout all levels of the ecosystem.
This role is the perfect fit for you if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and a hands-on attitude. You will report to the Chief of Staff and work cross-functionally with Marketing, Partnerships, and Product.
Job Role & Summary
- Own end-to-end event management including speaker outreach, topic curation, logistics, execution, and reporting
- Fully owning digital events from December 2021
- Potential In-person but mostly digital events during January, February, March
- Lead multiple meetings and communications with various stakeholders, project team members, presenters, participants and vendors to begin event planning
- Manage event project plans, communications and timelines including creating, customizing, and configuring virtual event registration pages
- Provide expert knowledge and training to other Meetings & Event staff when needed to support projects, including but not limited to Webex, Zoom, Hopin
- Support the development of materials such as Best Practices, FAQs, and training slides to support meeting hosts, speakers, and event support staff
- Support clients in identifying and recommending appropriate platforms and features to use for different types of events, such as meeting, webinar, breakout rooms, Q&A, polls, etc.
- Schedule and execute rehearsals in advance of live events to ensure stakeholders have the correct equipment (mic, camera) and test internet connectivity
- Serve as event host and/or moderator during the rehearsal and live event, based on client needs
- Offer assistance and guidance with any attendee connection issues, as well as basic technical support during an event
- Generate and download reports: registrant, attendee, polling responses, and Q&A
- Process and retrieve webinar recordings
- Work with the marketing team in order to publicize the event effectively.
- Provide event support to the Latinas in Tech Chapters
- This job position needs a competent professional who has creative and innovative ideas, understands marketing and promotion techniques, and has exceptional organization and presentation skills.
- Brainstorms and implements corporate event plans and concepts
- Coordinates site inspections, develops and maintains program timelines, as well as manages event program budget, and plans all event logistics
- Makes creative designs for the event environment to achieve goals and purposes that align with the culture of the organization
- Identify venues that can accommodate the event’s scope and size
- Coordinates participants, venues, and all third-party suppliers from procurement to completion while maintaining the project budget
- Manages event staff and volunteers
- Manages the event’s program flow so it won’t exceed within the schedule and cause additional expenses
- Conducts meetings to ensure that all event-related operations are done
- Reviews the event histories of the organization, budget proposals, considerations, and planning committee recommendations
- Discuss the specifics and details of the event with chapters
- Excellent communication and marketing skills
- Good time management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of KPIs/OKRs for proper event management
- Adept in executing advanced event management tactics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google applications and other software for organizing events
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Must be resourceful and can manage risks
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, event management, public relations, communication, or any other related fields
- At least 2 years of event management experience (preferably corporate events)
- At least three years of experience in event marketing, sourcing, or planning
What We Offer
- We ensure a collaborative work environment that encourages excellence and innovation
- Health and vision insurance, 403B (401K for Non-Profits), performance bonus, unlimited vacations.
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- A varied and challenging role in a highly multinational and innovative organization
- We also provide plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow both professionally and personally
- Latinas in Tech is an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.