SVP, Digital Data Products Lead
What can you expect?
- Marsh Digital offers an amazing opportunity for distinguished digital technologists to transform the company’s digital capabilities while unleashing the power of our industry leading platforms and data assets to deliver innovative products and disruptive business models globally.
- In Marsh Digital, we are all about developing and integrating innovative digital products for our clients. This group is nimble, creative, and empowered to shape Marsh’s digital landscape.
- If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of an exciting team with a mission to disrupt and deliver innovative products in the insurance industry, come join us!
What is in it for you?
- You will be responsible for engineering data products and leading Marsh’s visualization COE
- Be an integral part of the Leadership team in the Digital Experience and Application Development Organization
- Work on creating consumable visualizations for our clients and colleagues using tools like amCharts, Angular D3.js, Qlik Sense, QlikView and Tableau along with MEAN stack
What we count on you to do:
- Develop visualization and BI capabilities with the latest tools, technologies and web frameworks, and provide intuitive end user experiences with relevant data to the right customers at the right time
- Provide leadership and strategic oversight by envisioning and engineering a library of reusable digital components to help drive down time to market while building and/ or continually enhancing visualization experiences across all channels
- Drive culture change in technology to become a truly agile team which is self-organizing, manages DevOps and believes in everything automated
- Responsible for socializing executive level status on engineering progress, budget impact and benefits of solutions and partnering with product teams to define and deliver an aligned roadmap
- Continuously learn new technologies and help keep the entire group abreast of industry developments and evolving best practices while defining and optimizing delivery methodology and practice to ensure consistency and constant improvement.
- Ensure alignment and collaboration between infrastructure teams, development teams, product management, labs and executive sponsors.
- As these data products mature, the role of the engineering leader will also include defining and engineering a “north star” for these products; enhancing them with AI/ML solutions where applicable to further optimize our client offerings
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- 12+ years of experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering global and highly scalable customer-facing digital products and capabilities
- Expert in providing technology leadership to teams in the space of visualization tools and mean stack
- Expert in leveraging continuous integration and robust build/test automation, with a preference for cross platform stacks and containerization (Jira, Git, Jenkins)
- Strong analytical skills to be able to manage complex problems using a number of techniques.
- Experience in leading complex software product delivery in an Agile environment
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience in public cloud technology stack in AWS and Azure
- Experience in a leadership position responsible for building, motivating and leading high performing development teams
- Knowledge of Self-Serve analytical tools like Tableau is highly critical
- Have a passion for emerging technologies like Blockchain, AI, Machine Learning etc.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mmc.com.