Data Analytics Manager
Mezmo is an observability platform (SaaS).
About the role :
Mezmo is a centralized log management solution that helps modern engineering teams be more productive in a DevOps-oriented world. It enables frictionless consumption and actionability of log data so developers can monitor, debug, and troubleshoot their systems with ease.
We are in the foundational stages of building an Internal Data and Analytics team, which will be focused on managing the data infrastructure to enable all of our business units to answer key questions and make strategic decisions. If you want to investigate data across the entire company to answer critical business questions, we want to meet you.
You will establish key metrics for many stakeholders within the company, including Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, and identify opportunities for data to guide critical strategic product and business decisions. Additionally, you will oversee and scale our data infrastructure, which is not just used by the data team, but the larger organization as well.
As our first Data Science Manager, you will be joining Mezmo product team to create the foundation for the data organization. You will help to build the next generation of our data infrastructure and enable the company to answer key questions and make better choices for internal stakeholders and our customer base.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across all of Mezmo to develop a strategy around our data platform and to establish best practices for a metrics-focused culture.
- Own the vision and roadmap for the data and analytics team.
- Inform architectural decisions, drive best practices, and establish scalable processes.
- Hire and mentor a data and analytics team to partner with cross-functional teams across the organization from product to marketing to business development.
- Manage the data infrastructure that enables the entire business.
- 3+ years of people management experience leading data teams
- 5+ years experience on data science or data analytics teams, especially on data teams focused on internal operations
- Excellent communication skills explaining concept concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, etc
- Experience with querying and exploring data stored in data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience with operationalizing data with ETL/ELT tools like Fivetran or Stitch
- Demonstrable fluency with SQL (primarily Snowflake) and experience with Python or R
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Mode, Looker, Tableau, or similar tools
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.