Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Mezmo is an observability platform (SaaS).
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior Software Engineer to help us deliver our evolving, world-class log management system. You will work on every part of the system , including integration with external systems, data ingestion and processing, search, and API design. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, holds themselves and others accountable and maintains the highest standards. They will put the customer first and be comfortable with the velocity of a fast-paced startup, and not be afraid to tackle the scaling challenges of petabyte per day customer data.
- Work closely with the product management and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and quickly iterate to develop features
- Design, implement, and launch critical product features in a fast-paced environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements of our product
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams and with partner companies
- Investigate and improve overall system performance and scalability
- Drive engineering best practice and mentor colleagues
- Significant, relevant industry experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, databases and information retrieval
- Strong understanding of web and SaaS technologies
- Obsession with product quality and customer success
- Keen attention to detail, without forgetting about the big picture
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Solid experience with a server side language and framework, ideally Node.js
Bonus Points for Prior Experience:
- Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- REST APIs
- Redis, MongoDB
- Message Queue systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with Rust
- Data mining and machine learning
- Experience with open source software
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.