Technical Program Manager, Cloud Services
The Cloud Services group within MongoDB is the author of the Atlas (aka MongoDB as a Service), Ops Manager, Cloud Manager and Realm products. This position sits in the Program Management Team for Cloud Services and is responsible for wrangling time, communication, scope and effort across three major verticals: projects, team operations and releases. The Program Management Team is also the caretaker and owner for Cloud Services processes overall. This team builds out, maintains and continuously improves the processes and systems which the various Cloud Services teams use to get work done. This person will report to a Program Manager Lead in Cloud Services. The team is based in NYC with satellite offices in Dublin and San Francisco.
The team works with JIRA and Google Docs so any programming proficiency with either or both tools is a plus. There are lots of opportunities to automate things.
- Proven success as someone who can effectively manage change in a technical organization
- A strong background (and developed opinions) on different project management approaches is warmly welcomed
- Experience working with full stack development teams and the challenges therein
- At least five years successfully managing technical projects using a variety of project management techniques
- A strong background in computer science, either a degree or comparable work experience
- Collaborate with the Leads of one or more Cloud Teams in order to help operationally run and continuously improve the team workflows
- Help define and implement processes for how Cloud Teams get high quality work done effectively
- In 3 months you will have ramped up on MongoDB products and understand the Cloud Services business as a whole
- In 6 months you will have moved into a role supporting at least two Cloud teams.
- In 12 months you will have created a new renewable energy source to enable interplanetary travel as well as established your role in each team such that team members naturally go to you for process and timing needs
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with MongoDB or comparable technology
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong analytical skills with proven results
- 5 + years industry experience as a program or engineering manager
- Technical experience to be able to understand the concepts being discussed, with the ability to facilitate discussion and flush out the details required to enable successful delivery
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt your style and delivery for a variety of audiences
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.