Full Stack Engineer
MotoRefi is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup offering better auto refinancing, insurance and financial protection products. By partnering with credit unions and community banks, we help our customers find the best solutions for their financial needs. Our technology makes the refinancing process quick and easy. The result? We save customers an average of $100/month on their monthly payments and much more. MotoRefi recently raised our Series A, and is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors from QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo and others.
Want to fast track your application? Take our Full Stack Engineer Screen
About the Role:
MotoRefi is looking for a skilled Full Stack Engineer to support our growth and expansion as we are planning to double in size by the end of 2021. Our core platform needs to evolve and be designed with sufficient flexibility to add new products, customize workflows, and co-brand with our partners. The backend is an evolving event-sourced architecture that supports highly asynchronous and multi-modal workflows. At our current stage of growth, the role provides a curious engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges along with a high degree of autonomy to solve them.
- Produce efficient and elegant code that is subject to high request volumes based on requirements defined by Product Management
- Develop technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Write unit and integration tests for software applications
- Collaborate with internal Lending team to onboard Credit Unions in short agile sprints and deliver more loan options for consumers
- Build and scale our Platform applications to be highly reliable and scalable for future roadmap iterations
- Own software quality throughout the development life cycle
- 3+ years of programming experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders including end-users, Marketing, Sales, and Product Management
- Self-starter and team player with effective communication skills
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Previous start-up experience a plus!
- Authorized to work in the USA
Technologies we teach and use:
- TypeScript, Ruby
- Next.js (React.js), Google Firebase, Apache Beam, Rails
- Postgresql, Redis, FireStore, BigQuery, S3/GCS
- Google Cloud (PubSub, Functions, and others), Heroku
- Rollbar, Segment, CodeFresh, LogDNA