Senior DevOps Engineer
MotoRefi is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup offering better auto refinancing, insurance and financial protection products. By partnering with credit unions and community banks, we help our customers find the best solutions for their financial needs. Our technology makes the refinancing process quick and easy. The result? We save customers an average of $100/month on their monthly payments and much more. MotoRefi recently raised our Series A, and is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors from QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures, Gaingels, the former COO of Venmo and others.
About the Job
The Senior DevOps Engineer ensures that our infrastructure and automation doesn’t merely fit today’s needs, but is designed and built to support our 10x growth. At our current stage, you must expertly balance solving today’s challenges to enable feature development while investing in forward-thinking infrastructure projects. You will be bringing equal parts technical mastery and creative collaboration to the role. You will work with your product team to solve their CI/CD challenges and with other DevOps engineers across engineering to plan and execute infrastructure projects.
- Build and maintained container-based infrastructure (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes)
- Scale-out infrastructure using automation tooling (e.g., Pulumi, Terraform, CDK)
- Implement monitoring and alerting to understand the health of the apps/services and diagnose issues
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for web applications
- Administer a variety of databases for different use cases (e.g., relational, document, graph, object storage)
Develop technical documentation to guide future infrastructure projects.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps/SRE roles
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders including engineers and Product Management
- Self-starter and team player with effective communication skills
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Good working knowledge of RHEL
- Previous start-up experience a plus!
Technologies we teach and use:
- Kubernetes (Rancher and GKE), Pulumi
- Google Cloud Platform, Vercel
- Postgresql, Redis, BigQuery, S3/GCS
- Harness CD, CodeFresh CI
- Prometheus, Rollbar, Segment, LogDNA
- TypeScript, Ruby
Compensation & Benefits
Everyone at MotoRefi is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value of Taking Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary starting at $170k
- Role is available as a remote opportunity within the U.S.
- Equity in a high growth startup – MotoRefi Wins, you win!
- Flexibility and energy of a high performing startup culture
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, where we cover 100% (yes, 100%!) of the premium for you and your family, and a generous PTO plan.
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org