Senior Capture Manager- Federal
Website Nava PBC
About this Role
Working in the business development team, you help build the federal-component of our work. Day-to-day you craft and execute successful strategies to modernize government services that support vulnerable populations by building a deep understanding of Nava’s clients, the competitive and partner landscape, and each unique procurement. You are responsible for identifying and nurturing client/partner relationships to build agency, program, client and opportunity level-insight in support of Nava’s mission and strategic goals. You engage Nava subject matter experts and teaming partners to understand the program landscape, develop/validate client insight and deliver compelling, compliant, and competitive proposals.
Opportunities and Challenges
Nava provides the opportunity to do meaningful, impactful, mission-oriented work. As a public benefit corporation, the people who work at Nava have a fiduciary duty to our stated mission: to improve the accessibility, effectiveness, and simplicity of government services. When identifying and pursuing opportunities we must ensure that we are well suited to win and deliver successfully, and also evaluate the work against our mission and values. This is a high bar, but it’s why we’re here. It informs what we do and how we operate across all phases of the business.
You will be operating within the government ecosystem, which means collaborating dynamically with other government contractors and civil servants. Working with people outside of your company means you’ll likely encounter different working styles, cultural norms, and be responsible for maintaining order and focus without authority. At the same time, working as part of a larger team allows us to deliver on projects of larger scale and complexity.
The government contracting ecosystem is a compliance-driven multi-stakeholder environment – which adds significant complexity to our work, particularly when compared to the operating environments for companies in the private sector. Successful members of our team understand how to be innovative within this environment when crafting solutions and proposal responses. Finding and recommending ways to improve the way government digital services are procured and built is one of the highest-leverage ways we help fulfill our mission.
Who we’re looking for
You are an experienced business development professional who can leverage existing relationships and build new relationships to identify high-leverage opportunities and understand the needs of our customers. You are able to develop and build on client insight to creatively apply Nava’s capabilities and engage our subject matter experts to solve complex problems and work through constraints to propose tailored and compelling solutions.
You’re a strategic thinker and actor, detail-oriented and able to organize and manage processes, responsibilities, and team operations. You structure client engagement strategies, proposals, documents, information, as well as decision support tooling and infrastructure in a clear and organized way. On each opportunity you empower subject matter experts with varying degrees of familiarity with federal procurement by building shared context on the opportunity, leading through clear structure and processes and helping each team member apply their expertise to contribute to a cohesive solution. You’re at home in rapidly evolving, ambiguous situations and can chart a course forward through uncertainty.
Most of all, you’re excited about designing and/or refining our strategy and processes to help us achieve our mission, not just executing a standard industry playbook. You’re able to see the interactions between various threads of action, and work through the tradeoffs. You can tailor existing processes or create new structures to get the most out of a talented and passionate team. You are motivated by making progress against our company mission, and are excited to engage our current/potential clients and work with subject matter experts to develop solutions and proposals in support of new opportunities.
What you’ll do
- The Senior Capture Manager reports directly to the SVP of Business Development and manages the contract capture process from identification, qualification, pursuit through award.
Works in the Business Development Team, and helps identify and matriculate new business to build the portfolio of mission-aligned IT digital transformation work to modernize government services that support vulnerable populations.
- Performs full life-cycle capture to include strategic positioning, competitive analyses, client outreach, partner identification/interaction/options, and price to win strategies.
Contributes to go/no go, bid/no bid and constructs compelling, competitive and compliant winning proposals.
- Identifies and aligns past performance/quals to support an initial technical solution, and engages Nava engineers and other subject matter experts to refine the final technical solution. Joins group activities, participates in compliance checks, gap analyses, proposal writing, color teams and follow-on activities up to award and transition.
- Programmatically responsible for building comprehensive account plans and detailed capture plans for targeted Departments/Agencies.
- Responsible for opportunity level-insight in support of Nava’s mission and strategic goals, and positively contributing to Business Development growth.
- Business Development Experience : 6-9years (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in the GovCon IT industry, proposals/procurements and contracting understanding of the US Federal Government.
- Must have Gov’t proposal experience and general knowledge of terminology/acronyms/lingo and application of NAICS and FAR.
- Understand the cyclical requirements, timelines and expectations of Federal business development, proposals and contractors.
- Must have professional writing, editing and communication skills in English and professionally represent Nava outside of the office at industry and networking events.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: Agile Software Development, Human Centered Design, User Research, DevSecOps, Technical Operations, Cloud Adoption, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure, Infrastructure-as-code, IT Service Management, or IT Operations.
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: HHS, VA, DOJ, GSA, IRS, OPM, USDA, DOI, SSA, DHS.
- Client facing experience or Delivery experience
- Technical knowledge of IT, technical certifications, industry certifications or Government contracting.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, or an infrastructure management service of similar complexity (i.e., Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Computing).
Compensation range: $135,000 -164,000 annually.
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.