SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Software Engineer to join our Central Team.
As a Software Engineer you will…
- Write modular and maintainable code, complete with unit tests, using Ruby on Rails, Typescript and Angular.
- Iteratively improve our features, systems and code in the Central domain of the SportsEngine platform.
- Develop in a Continuous Delivery environment where you will ship code to production daily.
Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as Software Engineers, QA Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers.
- Work with other software engineers, both front-end and back-end, through code reviews and pair programming.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- OR a minimum of 1 year of experience in the field of Software Engineering.
Have a foundation in modern coding practices from which you are ready to contribute from and ready to grow upon.
- Ability to write quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
- Have a team-oriented attitude and seemingly endless intellectual curiosity.
- Familiarity with testing best practices including unit and integration tests.
Desired characteristics and experience:
- Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment using Git and GitHub Pull Request workflows.
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment.
- Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.