Data Engineering Intern, Data Science and Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Data Engineering Intern
Who Are We?
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 200+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
The Data Science and Engineering (DSE) team at Netflix is aimed at improving various aspects of our business. Data Engineers within DSE, are focused on providing our colleagues rich data so that we can make decisions on how to bring the most joy to our subscribers via compelling content, personalized product interactions, and stellar customer service; as well as building datasets to better understand and continuously improve efficiency in studio productions, platform utilization, and membership growth. Data Engineering function is foundational to the success of those areas and is an exciting space to gain hands-on experience with new technologies and unique culture.
Who Are You?
- You have experience in at least one major programming language (e.g. Python, Scala, Java) and SQL (any variant).
- You are currently in the process of obtaining a Bachelors or Masters degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science/Engineering)
- You demonstrate interest in data and technology and love learning new things!
- You have a passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity and creativity.
- You have prior experience from internships, work, or projects in a related field
Additional nice to haves:
- Knowledge of distributed frameworks (e.g. Spark), data warehouse solutions (e.g. Hive, Iceberg, Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Strong intra-team communication skills
What Will You Learn
- Gain experience applying data engineering principles to solve internet scale problems
- Build data products that answer high impact business questions
- Partner closely with data engineering mentor to complete and present final project
- Working effectively in a team environment with a unique company culture
The Summer Internship
Our approach to internships is different: like Netflix itself, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about our culture.
Internships will be a minimum of 12 weeks, with timing flexible to candidate needs. Conditions permitting, our summer internships in 2022 will be located — depending on the team — either, in our Los Gatos, CA, or in our Los Angeles, CA, office.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.