Recruiting Researcher – Animation
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
It’s an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. We are revolutionizing the way people watch their favorite shows and movies, and building our own library of original Netflix content for all to enjoy. Animation is a key strategic initiative and Netflix Animation is expanding quickly. Talent Acquisition is a massive priority for us as we grow our Animation initiative from the ground up, and we operate in a unique environment in which hiring the best — versus “making the hire” — is the north star. In order to thrive then, Researchers need to be deeply expert in the roles they hire, and in the in’s and out’s of the businesses they partner with. They’re able to define what “the best” looks like for a given production for a specific discipline (Art, Story, etc.); to find elite talent, and to constantly drive on the business at the early stages of the hiring process — intake meeting, hiring sync and portfolio review — in order to make amazing hires.
The right person has a keen artistic eye for globally inclusive perspectives and 3-6 years of experience in animation talent/content/production. Prior Recruitment experience is a plus.
More about the role:
- Engage key creators/producers in partnership with recruiters in order to understand the needs of different productions, by discipline
- Define and own the search strategy for attracting top artists, executing competitive research, profile development, and outreach
- Build strong and diverse pipelines of candidates leveraging various sourcing, networking, and other research methods
- Define and drive talent tools strategy with the Talent Operations team in relation to sourcing
- Use market expertise, data, and business acumen to educate and influence creators/producers on how to identify and hire the best artists
- Partner closely with recruiters and other Researchers to establish strong relationships with the productions we support
- Set the agenda for hiring syncs/portfolio reviews with creators/producers, and own the flow and outcomes of those meetings
- Ensure artists understand the opportunity they’re exploring, as well as the culture of the Netflix Animation Studios
- Conduct phone screen interviews to assess preliminary skill sets with suggested action items on how to progress the artist forward
- Network and maintain relationships with key talent pools, for short- and long-term opportunities
- As part of a tightly-integrated, global Talent team, partner with peers around the world to contribute to the broader Netflix Talent Acquisition effort
You should be:
- Excited to be a part of a unique, high-performance culture, the foundations of which are freedom, responsibility, and impact
- A learner, motivated by growth and excited by working with others from whom you can learn
- Deeply curious about what makes different productions tick, allowing you to be effective in supporting different roles and functions in a growing region
- Tenacious in the pursuit of stellar talent, and creative in using different search strategies and channels, as needed
- A mature professional, able to keep what is best for Netflix, front and center
Self-directed; unambiguously able to own and drive your work, and to take advantage of the autonomy Netflix allows
- An innovative thinker, eager to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, quickly-changing environment
- Appreciative of the cultural and business nuances that exist across different countries where our future artists live and work
- Someone who enjoys the challenges of seeking great people
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.