Senior Analytics Engineer – Consumer Insights & Analytics
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Consumer Insights team has data coming in every minute from multiple sources (social data, surveys, and more). As part of the growing Consumer Insights team that supports Content, Marketing, and Product at Netflix, these explorations will include a deeper understanding of consumers’ changing content interests, word of mouth drivers, content positioning strategies, and more. This is an ample opportunity for someone who enjoys building powerful data visualization tools, detailed quantitative analysis, and creative collaboration on larger strategic questions about consumers.
This role’s mission is to unlock our data’s power by finding innovative ways to analyze, organize, integrate, and visualize information. This individual will identify research needs and priorities based on an in-depth understanding of the strategic questions that can help move our business forward.
- Partner closely with other researchers and data scientists to analyze survey and social data and visualize it in new, accessible, and powerful ways.
- Take ownership of existing dashboards and data tools with an eye for improving those resources to facilitate self-service analytics.
- Work with large sets of data to build data pipelines and analytics for executive and company-wide reporting.
- Create highly intuitive, visual dashboards with a focus on high business impact.
- Run ad hoc analyses to answer specific day-to-day questions or support larger initiatives.
- Integrate data across multiple data sources (Survey, Social, On-Service, and more) to tell cohesive data stories
- Partner with other Analytics teams outside of Consumer Insights, when applicable.
The technical experience that will help you succeed:
- Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL ( Presto / SparkSQL)
- Extensive Tableau experience is required, including viz development, complex dashboard actions, and optimizations.
- Strong track record of partnering with business analytics teams and familiarity with related data concepts.
- A strong understanding of dimensional warehouse data models is necessary.
- Experience building multi-step data pipelines and scheduling them in workflows is necessary.
- Experience using code repositories is highly desirable.
- Experience with R or Python for data manipulation is highly desirable.
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs for data ingestion.
- Experience with / interest in survey data and/or social data is a plus.
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact.
- MS/BS degree in a technical field preferred (Statistics, Mathematics, CS, Econometrics or related field)
Who are you?
- You are experienced at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into valuable tools and perspectives.
- You see simple patterns where others see impenetrable noise.
- You are passionate about data accuracy and consistency.
- You enjoy telling stories through data visualizations and can summarize your findings in verbal and written form.
- You are confident in taking ownership of impactful projects and are excited by courageously making decisions in our culture of Freedom and Responsibility.
- You exhibit tenacity and thoroughness, even under pressure.
- You are known for turning work around quickly.
- You have a vision and consider progress exciting.
- You are motivated to explore new technologies and learn new things while also recognizing that many good ideas and implementations may already exist.
- A fan of entertainment content is a strong plus.
We are a close-knit and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work. We also support a balanced lifestyle.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.