Senior Java Software Engineer, Contact Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
What we do
The Netflix Contact Engineering team builds the platform and applications to help customers resolve issues as they try to stream or sign up for Netflix. We do this by providing in Product and Help Center self service capabilities as well as by enabling customers to call or chat with agents in our call centers worldwide.
In this role
You will partner with product managers, product designers, engineering, operations, and analytics teams across the Product and Customer Service organization to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience, whether it is improving handling user issues in the TV app, enhancing the mobile in-app contact tools, suggesting smart resolutions, or streamlining the tools that customer service agents use to support customers.
You will be successful if
- You are passionate about product development, self-driven, highly motivated and you enjoy the independence of managing projects on your own
- You care about the customer experience and have experience building consumer facing applications
- You are extremely collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- You are diligent, thoughtful, and have great oral and written communication skills
- You can make wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements
- You are proactive and can move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
- You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
- You enjoy problem solving and can use everything from big-data to command line tools to help you identify and fix issues
Technical Skills Needed
- Deep knowledge and experience in Java development in a distributed environment
- Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems
- Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching
- Experience building services using Spring Boot 2.x, REST and GraphQL
- Working knowledge of dependency injection frameworks like Spring, Guice
- Experience in developing with distributed storage engine Cassandra and ElasticSearch and relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience in system design and data modeling (architecture, interfaces and data definition)
- Experience running microservices in leading cloud infrastructure like Amazon AWS (Dynamo, SNS, SQS, etc) or Microsoft Azure, with appropriate operational insights and alerting
- Experience with stream-processing platform like Apache Kafka
- Experience in distributed locking and leader election using frameworks such as Zookeeper
- Expertize in object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience writing unit tests in Java (JUnit, Mockito)
Nice To Have Skills
- Domain knowledge/passion in the Customer Support/Call Center space
- Experience with Virtual Agents (chat bots) powered by ML models
- Experience with voice Media Servers (Freeswitch, Asterisk, etc)
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Experience with query languages such as Presto, SparkSql, Hive, SQL, etc.
- Experience using CI/CD environments (Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc)
Netflix has a unique culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this product development role on a small, impactful, and collaborative team is right for you.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.