Senior Open Source Software Engineer, Big Data Platform
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is at the forefront of cloud architecture and and big data analytics. Our systems ingest trillions of events daily and the volume is growing rapidly as we expand globally. The data we collect is curated into a petabyte scale warehouse to serve our Data Science, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, and Experimentation teams in making decisions across every aspect of our business. To interact with this data, we maintain a world-class big data platform. This represents a unique opportunity to work with the open source community and build out the best data platform in the cloud for our global offering.
In this role, you will be contributing to Netflix’s industry leading big data processing engines and working with other companies invested big data to build out open source big data solutions.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop features for big data query engines and technologies like Spark, Presto, Druid, and Iceberg
- Contribute to open source projects and advance the state of big data
- Be a liaison to help data scientists for building/diagnosing big data querie
This is your dream job if you:
- Are passionate about building out large-scale distributed systems in the cloud to process petabytes of data
- Seek out opportunities to engage and contribute to the open source community
- Work well in a cross-functional environment and excel in communicating with your peers
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment
- Have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.