Senior Software Engineer, Android Product Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming video service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. It’s an exciting time to be working on Android at Netflix. Our members in international markets already outnumber our domestic subscriptions by a large margin and we’re only getting started! The Android team sits at the intersection of this global growth, compounded with an ever increasing mobile usage for content consumption. We love every minute of the complex engineering and product challenges that come with operating at this scale.
We proudly ship the Netflix app on Android to millions of members around the world. Our responsibilities include extensive A/B testing on a wide variety of devices by building highly performant and often custom UI experiences. We work on data-driven optimizations at scale in a diverse and sometimes unforgiving device and network ecosystem. We also create foundational client infrastructure elements used as building blocks for A/B tests. We tie it all together with sophisticated operational testing and automation solutions designed to support our high-performance, fast-paced culture of experimentation, autonomy, and ownership.
- You have a deep understanding of building and shipping complex product experiences on frequently updated business-critical Android apps
- Your expertise with the Android SDK helps you create scalable, dynamic, extensible, and highly performant UI components
- You have a working knowledge of remote APIs, concurrency, layouts, transitions, animations, client-side persistence, and architectural patterns on mobile apps
- You closely collaborate with product managers and designers to help refine (and even define) hypotheses driven data-informed products and experiences
- You are a strong communicator who enjoys working closely with others while being comfortable with independently delivering large business outcomes
- An understanding of automated testing on Android and its usage in a short feedback cycle continuous integration environment
- Experience with writing or extending client infrastructure and foundational UI components used by other engineers
- High degree of proficiency in optimizing the performance of Android apps with complex view hierarchies and state on low-end devices and networks
- Work with other senior, high performing engineers where you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skillset
- We pay top of the market with excellent benefits
- Help evolve the way people watch content online
- The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.