Senior Software Engineer – Client Delivery Platform
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is a global internet video streaming service with over 200 million members in 190 countries. Our members enjoy more than one billion hours of streamed video per week, on thousands of different types of devices. With operating at a global scale on thousands of devices comes significant technical complexities to ensure a seamless playback experience for our members. The Client Delivery Platform team builds foundational components to enable continuous delivery so that when a Netflix member clicks “play” they have a terrific experience. Come join us to scale and build robust solutions in this space.
What sets us apart:
We innovate on delivery orchestration, real-time metrics derived from a firehose of user events and analysis on these metrics enabling the client engineers to focus on frequently releasing their applications. Our application releases are an AB test (more details here). And we are constantly evolving our allocation strategy, descriptive statistics, and inferential analysis to account for the constraints that impact our use case. A challenge to our foundational real-time metrics solution is to scale with Netflix’s aspiration to stream content to more new users across the globe. Description of the work done so far in this space is available here in a blog post and at a conference presentation. Apart from enabling us to frequently ship Netflix applications on several device platforms, we also want to use real-time metrics to monitor all feature AB tests. This exposes us to a plethora of technologies, which makes every single day at work an opportunity to learn something new.
What you will do…
- Identify, design, and build solutions that can grow and scale real-time insights.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with internal partner teams on initiatives.
- Write software to focus on optimizing existing systems and eliminating work through automation.
If you have…
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Analytic skills related to working with large streaming datasets.
- Design & programming skills in Java or JVM based language.
If you are interested in…
- Messaging/queuing systems and stream processing systems like Mantis/Flink/Spark Streaming
- Atlas/Druid like time-series data stores
- Descriptive and inductive statistics
… Then you are an individual who can pursue the challenge of continuing to delight our next hundred million customers around the globe. Netflix offers a culture that values freedom and responsibility, enabling us to do our best work. And everyone here also strives hard to foster an inclusive team culture that enables team members of all backgrounds to thrive and succeed. Learn more about life at Netflix and join us!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.