Senior Software Engineer – Partner Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
The Device Ecosystem Engineering (DEE) team delivers Netflix on hundreds of millions of partner devices from smart TV’s to TV operator Set Top Boxes to streaming sticks. The team collaborates with partners across the globe to deliver the Netflix Streaming Client on their devices, which is a core part of the Netflix experience.
We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. This requires our engineers to be involved with SoC, device drivers, and the fundamental system architecture. We are looking for an experienced, talented software engineer to ensure we repeatedly deliver a world-class highly reliable Netflix solution. Our partner devices run a diverse set of operating systems including other 3rd party technologies with multiple stakeholder companies spread around the world, making the scaling of the Netflix solution a unique challenge. We continue to drive forward the state of the art for streaming device product experiences, globally, through the use of our partnerships including Sony, Google, Korea Telecom, Synaptics, AMLogic, among many others.
In this role, you will take ownership of enabling and certifying the Netflix application on the products of our APAC partners. You will help our partners review SoC choices, driver compatibilities, 3rd party technologies, and Netflix feature feasibility to integrate the Netflix SDK at the highest quality. The functionality of Netflix certified products include streaming and playback, standards driven graphics, dynamic UI, payments, security, and other innovative partner-specific adaptations. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of engineers, both at Netflix and at our Partners to tackle a wide variety of problems. You will also be responsible for white box or code based testing with data driven validation using both general purpose embedded tools as well as specialized Netflix tools. You will get an opportunity to experience the full software stack, all the way from device silicon to the Netflix service, and push the limits on quality.
Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix.
- Help integrate, test, deploy, and improve Netflix ready devices over the entire device lifecycle using Netflix tools and data.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables over multiple partner engagements.
- Improve our tools and approaches to quality and scale.
- Build and maintain our engineering relationships with Netflix partners. Ability and willingness to travel to partners in the APAC region when required.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming or technical leadership experience in two or more from the following: Embedded Linux, device drivers, embedded graphics, software development with a focus on distributed computing involving audio/video standards.
- Demonstrated history or passion for quality and device data impacting user experience.
- Demonstrated history of delivering on full development lifecycle and multiple successful releases.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.