Systems Software Engineer (E4) – Device Platform Infrastructure
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix runs on millions of smart TVs, set-top boxes, MVPD’s, androidTV devices, and game consoles. Millions of Netflix subscribers enjoy watching Netflix, and we take pride in shipping high-quality software to enable a flawless movie-watching experience.
Our team provides the Device and Test Automation platform to enable continuous integration testing of the Netflix application on various devices. In addition, we are extending our infrastructure to enable our device partners to certify the Netflix application on their devices and provide the CI test infrastructure for cloud games. We are looking for an early career engineer who has a strong technical foundation.
NOTE: This is not a remote role and we are looking for engineers willing to come to work at the Los Gatos office.
This role is right for you if:
- You understand the Linux OS, its kernel and file system.
- You are familiar and comfortable programming with more than one programming language.
- You have a strong technical background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- You are eager to provide input and learn from others.
- You enjoy test-driven development.
Why Netflix and this team:
- We are not afraid to rethink existing designs and rebuild whenever needed.
- Our freedom and responsibility culture is unique, and we live by those values.
- You will work with amazing colleagues and be learning and sharpening your skills.
- You will have a direct and lasting impact on our user experience which is used by tens of millions of people every day. When your friends and family ask you what you do for a living, you can point to Netflix running on their TV and say with pride “I make that possible.”
- We embrace different perspectives and backgrounds as we believe it helps us make better decisions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.